GGG BSIAB II - TOO DARK

Forum dedicated to helping people debug and troubleshoot non-functional pedals or builds. Please use an clear and informative title, indicating circuit and basic problem. Don't forget to mark the issue as fixed if this is the case.
Mbas974
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Mbas974 »

Hi I built this great pedal (schematic from GGG) and it sound really powerfull !

Anyway it sound too dark for my personal taste... even with tone pot regulated to max

Is there a easy way to get it more middle-high centered without loosing overall character ?
It is already soldered on borad... so not easy to experiment other solutions,
I really appreciate any suggestion !

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
bsiab_2_sc.gif

The G
Grease Monkey
Information

Post by The G »

It always depends on the rig.
The R17-C13-R18-C14 part is a 2nd order RC LPF having the corner frequency around 720Hz (remember where else did you see this value?) and the slope around 40dB/decade. This means it is pretty effective at removing the treble content.
It seems your rig is not so bright, so you could try removing R18 and C14 and connecting pin 1 of the Volume pot to R17 and C13. Or you could remove the whole LPF altogether, then connect the Volume pot directly to the Tone pot (or better through a buffer, but it should work anyway).