GTFO - A true valve high-gain overdrive

Original effects with schematics, layouts and instructions, freely contributed by members or found in publications. Cannot be used for commercial purposes without the consent of the owners of the copyright.
andregarcia57
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by andregarcia57 »

would use this layout? with feeding NE555?

https://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/kim/m ... german.htm

DarkRain
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by DarkRain »

And another one was born tonight

DarkRain
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by DarkRain »

This is the final version of the RedLine Drive

Image Image Image

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Self-Built Valve Amp Head :)
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

That looks great Darkrain, did you make the enclosure yourself or did you have it made commercially?, also, what's it sounding like?... :thumbsup
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

DarkRain
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by DarkRain »

DrNomis, all the project was made from scratch, everything was modeled in SolidWorks (every nut and bolt :) ). The enclosure is laser cut and bend (made from 2mm Aluminium sheet / powder coated)

And is sounds like this (just a small demo):

Any opinion is welcomed :D

Regards,
Gabriel

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

DarkRain wrote:DrNomis, all the project was made from scratch, everything was modeled in SolidWorks (every nut and bolt :) ). The enclosure is laser cut and bend (made from 2mm Aluminium sheet / powder coated)

And is sounds like this (just a small demo):

Any opinion is welcomed :D

Regards,
Gabriel

Sounds nice, like a cross between a Marshall and a Soldano, I like how you can switch between low and hi-gain modes, if you connect the pedal up to an amp set for a clean sound you effectively have a three channel amp....... :thumbsup
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

DarkRain
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by DarkRain »

Finally i can consider the GTFO project closed. No alterations will be made (by me at least) and no further development will be done (again by me).
The project is ready to be shared and i give you a small preview of this. It's using a 1590C type enclosure, tubes are hosted inside (first version / prototype had the tubes outside).
It's using a SMPS for the HV and it requires a single 12V DC @ 800mA PSU (center negative)
If you don't remember about this project (from the DIYSB forum), here it is how it sounds:

All the project details will be posted in a PDF document (as they were on the previous version) and also a preorder for PCBs can be made at the following address: http://oseq.org/pre-order/
Please be advise that for the project you will need both main board and SMPS board (if you are using another PSU for the HV then you will need only the main board).
Soon kits will be available that will include: PCBs / Pre-drilled enclosure / Jacks / Switch and parts.
As i said, this is the last form of the project and no further developments will be made.

Image Image

Image Image

DarkRain
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by DarkRain »

Back in black. This weekend i've managed to finish the GTFO V2 using the new PCBs - as i said this will be the final version and from my point of view no other modifications will be made. Soon this build will be available as a full kit.

Image Image Image

Image Image Image

Regards,
DeX

EBRAddict
Information

Post by EBRAddict »

Link is dead. Is there another link?

DarkRain
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by DarkRain »

EBRAddict what link are you talking about?! The original one?... Pfff that would be quite hard to find. I will post the build document as soon as it will be ready.

Regards,
DeX

mwelch55
Information
my favorite amplifier: Modded Marshall
Completed builds: Pedals:
BSIAB2, Tube Screamer Clone, Timmy Clone, Plexi-Drive Clone, Dr Boogie, Rangemaster, GTFO, MicroAmp, Silicon Fuzz Face, Germanium Fuzz Face, Big Muff Pi, Rat

Amps:
Single-Ended Marshall Voiced using 6V6,6L6,EL34,5881,6550, or KT88

Post by mwelch55 »

DarkRain,

What kind of inductor do you use in your SMPS? I am using a toroid inductor rated at 3 amps, but it takes a lot of space. I like how compact your power supply is.

Thank you for sharing your GTFO information. It has really been educational.

Mike

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by DrNomis »

mwelch55 wrote:DarkRain,

What kind of inductor do you use in your SMPS? I am using a toroid inductor rated at 3 amps, but it takes a lot of space. I like how compact your power supply is.

Thank you for sharing your GTFO information. It has really been educational.

Mike

The Inductor I'm using in my build is a 100uH Surface Mount one with a Ferrite Core, if my memory serves me right..... :thumbsup

andregarcia57
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by andregarcia57 »

DarkRain wrote: 23 Sep 2015, 12:52 Finally i can consider the GTFO project closed. No alterations will be made (by me at least) and no further development will be done (again by me).
The project is ready to be shared and i give you a small preview of this. It's using a 1590C type enclosure, tubes are hosted inside (first version / prototype had the tubes outside).
It's using a SMPS for the HV and it requires a single 12V DC @ 800mA PSU (center negative)
If you don't remember about this project (from the DIYSB forum), here it is how it sounds:

All the project details will be posted in a PDF document (as they were on the previous version) and also a preorder for PCBs can be made at the following address: http://oseq.org/pre-order/
Please be advise that for the project you will need both main board and SMPS board (if you are using another PSU for the HV then you will need only the main board).
Soon kits will be available that will include: PCBs / Pre-drilled enclosure / Jacks / Switch and parts.
As i said, this is the last form of the project and no further developments will be made.

Image Image

Image Image
hello everything is fine? Really very good! Do you have the final PDF?
grateful

mwelch55
Information
my favorite amplifier: Modded Marshall
Completed builds: Pedals:
BSIAB2, Tube Screamer Clone, Timmy Clone, Plexi-Drive Clone, Dr Boogie, Rangemaster, GTFO, MicroAmp, Silicon Fuzz Face, Germanium Fuzz Face, Big Muff Pi, Rat

Amps:
Single-Ended Marshall Voiced using 6V6,6L6,EL34,5881,6550, or KT88

Post by mwelch55 »

I built this pedal about 9 years ago using the attached files. It turned out very good. It still works today,

Mike
Attachments
GTFO.pdf
(881.25 KiB) Downloaded 100 times
GTFO pcb.pdf
(45.89 KiB) Downloaded 55 times