Any possible to DIY a tab tempo? and adapt to PT80?

Stompboxes circuits published in magazines, books or on DIY electronics websites.
lynessmy
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by lynessmy »

I had just done PT80 delay and now had come across the tab tempo that is absent is PT80.
Any possible to DIY a tab tempo?
and adapt to PT80?
This is just a wild idea that base on NO theory.
Do let me know if there is any good possibility / solution to attached a tab tempo into PT80.

p/s: The noise performance of PT80 had surprised me. I had expect a little improment over the REBOTE series, but it turn up to be so quite, even without enclosure.

The Rotagilla
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by The Rotagilla »

Hey lynessmy -

I apologize for asking but I was a little confused by your post. With regards to noise, are you saying the PT80 is or is not better than the Rebote? If it is, how so? Thanks.
The television will not be revolutionized.

The Rotagilla
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by The Rotagilla »

In answer to your question I think I remember reading a post, possibly by R.G. Keen, that adding tap tempo to a PT2399 based delay could be done but would be difficult to use since the max delay time is on the shorter side and it would be hard to tap in time correctly.
The television will not be revolutionized.

lynessmy
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by lynessmy »

The Rotagilla wrote:Hey lynessmy -

I apologize for asking but I was a little confused by your post. With regards to noise, are you saying the PT80 is or is not better than the Rebote? If it is, how so? Thanks.
The noise is lower and to me it is better than the REBOTE, at least better than the REBOTE 2 that i build.
I heard so little distortion in delayed signal, even when i set it for long delay.
I had also tried to double the DELAY pot to 100K and i still got a pretty delay
I do not ops for this mod because, i lost the capability to do ECHO and SLAP delay when 100k pot was used.
Probaly i will try to add a switchable series resistor to the pot as an delay extention if i need longer delay someday down the road.

The lower noise is probaly because of the COMPANDER used in PT80.
Passive component vise, I use 1% metal film for all resistor and multi dip / mylar capacitor for majority, event 1uF, i use multi cap non polar cap.
I use WIMA like 0.1uF capacitor with 5% tolerance. There are 6 of them in the circuit around PT2399 ic.
The rest is just as it.