A/B Looper Design

Stompboxes circuits published in magazines, books or on DIY electronics websites.

A/B Looper Design

Postby Visualdistortion » 16 Feb 2017, 17:26

Hi, I need to switch between 2 pedals during my set (like a fuzz for rhythm and one for chorus/lead) and I prefer switch between the 2 with only one switch and shut them off with an other switch for get my clean signal.

I "designed" this layout but I don't know if I did right, or maybe there is some improvement to add. I don't put the resistances for LED.
Also is it possible to add an extra switch:
- to put loop A on B or B on A?
- to put A and B in parrallel? (like this one: http://www.brightonion.co.uk/aby-dual-looper/)
Thanks

I wanna make it
I wanna make it wit chu
(again and again and again)

French... sorry ;)
Visualdistortion
Breadboard Brother

Have thanks: 15 times

Re: A/B Looper Design

Postby Nocentelli » 17 Feb 2017, 18:01

That schematic will do want you want it to do.

On the other questions, you could botch a simple "parallel" switch with a DPST or DPDT toggle switch, just use one pole to connect/disconnect "send A" and "send B" and the other pole to connect/disconnect "return A" and "return B". You might want to use a buffer before the "input" and maybe mixer resistors, it will depend on which pedals you have in the two loops and how/whether they interact unfavourably when parallel'ed.

The "series" (A->B or B->A) might be a bit more involved. I'll have a think about it.
mmolteratx wrote:absolutely zero commercial use allowed. If I find anyone selling these, I'll fly to your house and kick you in the nads. And you may or may not find yourself in trouble.
Nocentelli
Tube Twister

Have thanks: 752 times

Re: A/B Looper Design

Postby FUZZZZzzzz » 22 May 2017, 16:23

Also, you might want to look at this:

https://elektrotanya.com/PREVIEWS/63463 ... .pdf_1.png

Its a schematic for the popular Morley ABY pedal.
FUZZZZzzzz

Have thanks: 7 times

Return to DIY Stompbox designs