Footswitch with non LED ON/OFF Indicator?

All frequent questions on switching: true or not true bypass, transistor-based or mechanical.
trebbooster
Information

Post by trebbooster »

I am looking for a 2PDT or 3PDT Stomp Switch that has a non LED (or non powered) On / Off indicator, does anything like this exists, if so can you point me to one. Though it may seem odd, I want to build something ( a very simple One .003 mf capacitor stomp box, to simulate the "strangle circuit" in a Fender Jaguar) that has no other parts than the jacks, capacitor and the stomp switch ( to keep it as simple and close to the original circuit) but of course, I would like to know if it's on or off. Does an all mechanical switch with ON/ Off indicator exist? (or a separate non LED or non powered On / Off indicator)
Thank you for your interest and help
Treb

phatt
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by phatt »

If you can find one patent it cause you will become the richest man the world has ever known. :mrgreen:
Sorry chum,, the Led needs a battery to work. :cry:
I believe some lever switches have a mechanical indicator but would be hard to see in the dark and you likely want a stomp switch so you are better off using a battery.
You could likely use a 1.5 volt to run a led.
Phil.

microbailey
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by microbailey »

Way back in the late 70s (before LEDs were cheap and plentiful) I remember a panel-mount push switch which when pressed mechanically revealed a highly reflective lime disk open so it gave the impression of being illuminated.
The trouble was it only worked if there was plenty of light around to start with, so no use on a dark stage (I was starting to build home-made synths at the time and considered using it on a front panel).
I searched on the interweb but I think its a long-gone product.

As phatt says, better use an LED.
A coin cell will last for ages if you use a high efficiency LED with it.
"There's something about a Gucci loafer kicking on a fuzz pedal" Alex Turner, Arctic Monkeys

Dirk_Hendrik
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by Dirk_Hendrik »

Stomp switch you say....

too bad.
Pushbutton switches like this one have a mechanical indicator that moves forward when the switch is actuated:
Sorry. Plain out of planes.

http://www.dirk-hendrik.com