Electric Druid Tap Tempo LFO Code

Original effects with schematics, layouts and instructions, freely contributed by members or found in publications. Cannot be used for commercial purposes without the consent of the owners of the copyright.
POTL
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by POTL »

Who has the code for pic or attiny?

Zokk
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Zokk »

Hi
you'll find the code on the electricdruid website :wink:
https://electricdruid.net/electric-drui ... eneration/

POTL
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by POTL »

Zokk wrote:Hi
you'll find the code on the electricdruid website :wink:
https://electricdruid.net/electric-drui ... eneration/
LOL

Ice-9
Degoop Doctor
Information
my favorite amplifier: Marshall
Completed builds: Far to many to afford the enclosures for them all. :)

Post by Ice-9 »

I'm working with this right now with the new Tap tempo chip from Electric Druid.
It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it , press start. You can work out the rest of the controls for yourself !

No silicon heaven ? preposterous ! Where would all the calculators go ?

Zokk
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Zokk »

I've played a bit with the TapTempoLFO on a phaser project.
That's really annoying to not be able to alter the offset.
This is an important feature, and it's just missing. Instead the Invert CV is a gadget, it will just remove an inverting stage from a CV mixer.

The best would be to remove the "invert CV" feature and replace it with an "offset" setting on the TapTempo. Also swap the tap tempo code from the StompLfo which is simplier.
It would make this LFO really perfect for stompboxes and +9V operation.

Otherwise the waveforms are amazing on the TapTempoLFO, and the wavedistort allows to compensate the LDR response to finally have a nice shaped modulation.
The random waves are particularly nice, the stepped random is way more realistic than the one on the StompLfo.
Plus it has a Clock Out, to sync other LFOs or EGs!

I still have to test it with the MoltenVoltage circuit to add this offset setting, page 4:
http://www.moltenvoltage.com/pedalsync/ ... asheet.pdf
This should solve perfectly the problem, but I was looking for simplicity first like a "all in one chip LFO".

Electric Druid
Information

Post by Electric Druid »

The STOMPLFO and TAPLFO do offer some slightly different features. The STOMPLFO is a smaller, simpler chip. It has eight waveforms, including random steps and random slopes. It also includes tap tempo and offset control, which I agree is useful for phasers. It leaves out the tap multiplier options and the wave distortion of the TAPLFO. The TAPLFO also adds a second bank of eight waveforms, so it has a lot of options.

The TAPLFO was also used in a lot of modular synth gear (Synthetic Sound Labs Modulation Orgy, various Frequency Central modules, and a few things from Blue Lantern, off the top of my head) so the CV invert option made sense for the new version 3 of the chip. It also has the Random Levels and Random Slopes, but they're in different wave sets on the TAPLFO. And there's really no difference between the Random Steps on one and the other - it's the same waveform.

The STOMPLFO doesn't offer any Clock Out, but you can sync up as many STOMPLFOs to a single external clock as you want. Unlike the TAPLFO, you can't then set them to different multiples of that tempo, but I had to leave a few things out on an 8-pin chip...honestly, we're talking about a thing with 256 bytes of RAM here!

Zokk
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Zokk »

Hello
thank you for your explanations and all this amazing work.

It appears that I had few bad jumpers on my test circuit at that time, so I didn't have the right signal on the two LFOs output circuits, but that's my fault :oops:
Waveform sets are perfect, and sync tricks are easy to implement with some logic chips.
After more tests in different configurations, I really like both and I've found they are complementary 8)

As I was looking for a 0-5V CV range in a +9V circuit, I've blended your example of output circuit (only the filter part), with the MoltenVoltage circuit for the offset and level setting for both LFOs; but I used a TS912IN opamp to achieve a decent 0V CV.

Could it be possible to compile a kind of dual STOMPLFO in a DIP14 package?
Thanks again!