The Pine Driver, a Christmas pedal

Original effects with schematics, layouts and instructions, freely contributed by members or found in publications. Cannot be used for commercial purposes without the consent of the owners of the copyright.
sixthfloor
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by sixthfloor »

I thought it would be the perfect time of the year to use more indicator than distortion-purposed LEDs in a project. Hence the Pine Driver :D

In order for the red and yellow LEDs to light up when playing I tinkered with overdrive designs until achieving the desired effect and a pleasant enough sound. The first IC generates what I hear as a warm overdrive, although quite crappy sounding on low drive settings; the 47k near the drive pot could probably be raised and the pot itself lowered. The second IC generates more distorted smooth gain. Both maxxed together go over the top in lead territory. This is the first of my pedal designs which turned out satisfactory, and I am pretty proud of : a/ the crispness of the sound, b/ the very low noise.

I made a quick demo (distortion rhythm on a looper plus first OD as lead, then OD+distortion as lead) here :

The vero layout I used is included as well.

Manfred
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Manfred »

Nice idea!
Happy Christmas!