ToneCzar (Ed Rembold) - K.I.S. Analog Delay

Stompboxes circuits published in magazines, books or on DIY electronics websites.
ik6gpy
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by ik6gpy »

Hi everybody,
here's a link to the "other" forum, with a "640 ms. of pure analog bliss" delay designed by Ed Rembold of ToneCzar Effects : https://www.diystompboxes.com/smfforum/ ... ic=18388.0
It uses 3 BL3208B BBD (the Shangai Belling MN3208 pin to pin clone), an SA571 compander, some IC's and various suggested values for the Low Pass Filters. Now the point is that a BL3208B has got 100 ms. of maximum delay time :scratch: . How this circuit could reach 640 ms. of max delay time with 3 x BL3208 is a little unknown to me. Do i miss something? Anyone have built this?
Bye
Matteo

Rocket Roll
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Rocket Roll »

XX3208 chips are directly (pin-to-pin) compatible with XX3205 chips, so one can use three XX3205 chips and have 600ms of delay with a 10kHz clock, or even more with a slower clock.

What I would love to see is a completed K.I.S. project - a designed PCB and layout and finalized & verified values. Unfortunately, I lack the necessary knowledge and skill with EagleCAD to do it myself.

I'm waiting for the new BYOC analog delay (http://www.buildyourownclone.com/analogdelay.html) which should have a very similar design (see pic on the linked page). When it comes out it should be pretty easy to copy the PCB and use that project's documentation, but it would be nice if there were an alternative.

The Rotagilla
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by The Rotagilla »

I asked Ed about the K.I.S delay and his response was to the effect of "the design is a good place to start but should not be relied on to produce a great sounding delay". I think he meant it as a jump off point.
The television will not be revolutionized.