DIY Wireless transmitter.

Stompboxes circuits published in magazines, books or on DIY electronics websites.
Aharon
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Aharon »

Would there be any interest in something like this based on the CXA1191 chip?
Wanted to post a link but can't yet.
I have a mic wireless that if used as is sucks big time,drops a lot of highs etc(probably an impedance mismatch) but if you put a mosboost in front it works perfect,the level of the boost serves to dial the perfect SNR.

The parts count is low on both the transmitter and receiver.
I don't know if you need a license for this or not since it's an FM transmitter.The only part I have never worked with before is a variable capacitor,it could be a problem to find/source?.

Let me know what you guys think.....pros,cons........
Aharon
Last edited by Aharon on 22 Aug 2007, 14:18, edited 1 time in total.

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Hi Aharon,

You can do your first 5 posts in a thread in the testing section. This system avoids people from signing up just to spam.

thanks,

------
only slightly off topic:
Reminds me that I bought two new wireless mikes for 10EURO/pcs. They can be gotten very cheap nowadays, it seems. They're not so good as microphones, I remember. Long time since I tested them, they are still somewhere in the studio, I think (not at my house).

Idea of a booster is great, though mine need also need an alternative to the whole receiver being mounted on a male jack, which I think is also causing problems.

Was thinking maybe about making a wireless guitar receiver out of it. Haven't even googled about possibilities in that direction.
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

MoreCowbell
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by MoreCowbell »

I'm not sure as to the licensing regarding it being an FM transmitter, but certainly the schematic would be interesting to see.