Things i done lately

Stompboxes circuits published in magazines, books or on DIY electronics websites.
bumblebee
Diode Debunker
Information
my favorite amplifier: ‘65 Twin Reverb
Completed builds: Fuzz & Preamps mostly.

Post by bumblebee »

I scored some old pieces of military equipment,among other things, that had 10 Ge npn's and 10 pnp Ge's as well. I only tested for hfe and the npns are 130-185 with one at 280 so i decided to build a Ge woolly mammoth with a couple of 'em. I made it the same as my other ones (yea,i have a few variations) with just tone and vol,and a bias trim.

the pnp's are 50-111 hfe,i cant identify them as the markings are not bringing up any results with datasheets or google. The npn's i know are texas iinstrumnents but are still unidentifiable.

i used some recycled ceramics too,i have a heap of recycled parts now.

It sounds pretty cool,not perfect, but i'm not a fan of all Germanium fuzz pedals so i'll be making it into a Ge/Si wm instead.

i also decided to use the biggest possible parts i had for something different.lol

heres a pic anyway.

I also done some mods on my ultra lord,its got another stomp for a pre-tdetermined amount of sag. I use it with the sag switch on all the time and then when i hit it it on its like a boost which is quite a bit louder too.
I also put a DPDT toggle in it to switch output caps,i have a 2nf (ceramic 1nf is standard) and a 10uf electro hooked up.

And i done some mods to my fuzzfactory a while back.
Its got 100uf out put and 47uf input caps,BC109c in Q1 and a 5nf cap across B and C of Q3.
this is one of the worst fuzz pedals ever imo, i dont much like it at all and cant understand all the hype about it.Its decent now that ive changed it but stock its just awful.

Well, i been modding a few of my effects lately and building from peoples throw away electronics cause i have no money for parts and i'm really enjoying it,im gonna keep it up and not buy anything unless i have to.................i dont mind desoldering and testing everything. i'm gonna raid the repair stores dumpster this week for old tv's,vcrs and record players etc.lol
:D :D :D

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

hey, great post bumblebee. Overlooked it. Don't hesistate to add your findings modding eg the Fuzz Factory to that thread.
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal