Hermida/GGG Reverb

Stompboxes circuits published in magazines, books or on DIY electronics websites.
telecaster
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by telecaster »

How do you like the sound of the ggg reverb compared to the box of hall version? I haven't built the boh, just curious.
KindaFuzzy - Looks like a blue nail polish and nutella sandwich.
Freekish - "Our originality is in the basement. Our business is in the toilet"
Guitarlcarl - I did take offence at being called an idiot by a moron.

induction
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by induction »

The circuits are very similar:
ggg_vs_box_of_hall.png
They both sound very good to me, and I've only noticed some small differences:
The Box of Hall is a little darker because of the feedback caps (C6 and C8), but didn't like that so I took them out.
The Box of Hall has more available reverb and doesn't have unity gain. Both of these are functions of the differential amplifier resistors, which are easy to change to your liking.
The damp knob is a nice touch.

The only major question you have to answer is whether you want a damp control. The other stuff is easy to customize. I recommend breadboarding it if you can.

Speaking of customizing, in the above vero, I changed the values in the differential amplifier section (I swapped two resistors). Those are the values I'll use when I build it (and the ones I recommend), but here is the vero with the stock values, (which reduce the reverb signal by a factor of 4):
ggg_dwell_tails_switch_vero_stock_TL074.png
I haven't decided whether I'll include the damp control on mine, yet. I still have some experimenting to do.

tictac
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by tictac »

Are you guys using this reverb at the input of the amp? Have anyone inserted this reverb AFTER the preamp like the Fender Reverb amps implement reverb?

I have a tube amp that I'd like to add reverb to but not enough room to add a tube... passive FX loop is one way but maybe a better way to do? Just wondering.... :hmmm:

andregarcia57
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by andregarcia57 »

any way to put 3 knobs? as Mr Black Supermoon?

Reverb Sway and Decay controls