my new delay, over the top PT2399's

Original effects with schematics, layouts and instructions, freely contributed by members or found in publications. Cannot be used for commercial purposes without the consent of the owners of the copyright.
HEAD
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by HEAD »

madbean wrote:Damn, I really wanna build this one! Looks amazing cpm.
I guess you're not the only one. ;)

davidmochen
Information

Post by davidmochen »

As far as I gather it, this delay can be purchased with the PCB ready for assemly and soldering. I was wonder if there was a schematic/PCB layout for etching PCB rather than purchasing it.

Thanks,

David

iñigo montoya
Information
my favorite amplifier: traynor ysr-1 custom reverb

Post by iñigo montoya »

No, this has been a project developed by cpm. We opened a list in this forum at http://www.guitarrista.com, and everyone in the list put his money to the project. Then cpm and other forum members organized everything to order the pcb´s, arrange BOM's and send them to each one, others designed the artwork, others drawed it, other made the enclosures, etc... just plain cooperativism. :applause:

Yes, I also have mine. :mrgreen:

davidmochen
Information

Post by davidmochen »

iñigo montoya wrote:No, this has been a project developed by cpm. We opened a list in this forum at http://www.guitarrista.com, and everyone in the list put his money to the project. Then cpm and other forum members organized everything to order the pcb´s, arrange BOM's and send them to each one, others designed the artwork, others drawed it, other made the enclosures, etc... just plain cooperativism. :applause:

Yes, I also have mine. :mrgreen:
Cooperativismo, puro! Vale, que eso está muy bien :)

So there is no freely-available PCB layout for etching the old way? (photocopy, iron, etc...) :S

Felicitaciones por el efecto, suena muy bien y además es muy bonito.

David

pablocarrillo
Information

Post by pablocarrillo »

Some spanish people make their own PCB , ask Cpm if he still had the layout , or try it whit this one on this topic:

http://www.guitarrista.com/phpbbforum/v ... 60#p718868
page 3

I don´t know if it´s 100% accurate but is enough to build it :secret: .

rasta_maleek
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by rasta_maleek »

I built one of this units.

cpm
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by cpm »

Cool experimetnal sounds there, rasta_maleek

The pcb was made to fit a custom box. It has a quite complex offboard wiring, so at this time i'd rather redo it for a double side with pcb mount pots to simplify. It's on my plans to do so, as long as i can get some time.

At this time all the units I made has been delivered, at first i thought i would end up with some spares but with such a success i have none left, but still have the good feeling that a new revision can work and get funded to run another batch.

okgb
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by okgb »

Be even more cool if it had tap tempo time ..................
on my way to check it out at the other forum

coldcraft
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by coldcraft »

very cool. i'm excited for the revised version.
Black Dynamite wrote:you need to shut the fuck up when grown folks is talkin.

frequencycentral
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by frequencycentral »

Thanks! So....Q4 and Q5 form a current mirror, correct?

cpm
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by cpm »

frequencycentral wrote:Thanks! So....Q4 and Q5 form a current mirror, correct?
yes... it keeps the time setting from the first 2399 replicated on teh second one

pedalgrinder
Cap Cooler
Information
my favorite amplifier: Ampeg SVT
Completed builds: pedals with pots switches and everything

Post by pedalgrinder »

So how did we go with this unit on a bass does it respond to bass frequency's as far as i have seen in the past they generally don't does any one know or are we only interested if these pedals work on a guitar
What's the best thing about fat chicks and scooters? There both fun to ride around until your mates find out!

shawnvanstaden
Information

Post by shawnvanstaden »

This sounds awesome! well done!

Maybe It's the excitement, but it's probably the best delay I have heard.

ALDOUSCROSS
Information

Post by ALDOUSCROSS »

does SA571 will work as replacement for NE571?

iq01221
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by iq01221 »

ALDOUSCROSS wrote:does SA571 will work as replacement for NE571?
Yes, it does :thumbsup

ALDOUSCROSS
Information

Post by ALDOUSCROSS »

iq01221 wrote:
ALDOUSCROSS wrote:does SA571 will work as replacement for NE571?
Yes, it does :thumbsup
many thanks! :mrgreen:

iq01221
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by iq01221 »

pedalgrinder wrote:So how did we go with this unit on a bass does it respond to bass frequency's as far as i have seen in the past they generally don't does any one know or are we only interested if these pedals work on a guitar
I guess it's designed for guitar, but a revision arround the signal-modders caps surelly will affect the response for bass. All you need is to define what you really want to change, meaning: repetitions eq, just the clean signal, the filter eq, ...? I'm sorry 'bout my english, it's terrible, I know :oops: , maybe you follow me...
Beyond all those cuestion you have to do 'bout the effect you want, I think it do a good job with bass. I just tried it: the clean sound is just fine, you have to analize the repeats, if you like it or if you'll change something. I don't have a bass now, but if I get one, I'll try to upload a clip :thumbsup
Best regards!

ALDOUSCROSS
Information

Post by ALDOUSCROSS »

I'm also wondering if there are other ways to switch bypass on/off without using logic gates? like a 3PDT? any conversion for this huge guy? and lastly a good substitute for the JFET section?

GuitarlCarl
Cap Cooler
Information
my favorite amplifier: anything tube
Completed builds: Ds-1 mods, SD-1 mods, Small Clone mods, Muff build, Axis build, various other transistor booster builds... I can build a badaxe harmonic perc, but I can't get a fuzzface to sound worth a crap!

Post by GuitarlCarl »

ALDOUSCROSS wrote:I'm also wondering if there are other ways to switch bypass on/off without using logic gates? like a 3PDT? any conversion for this huge guy? and lastly a good substitute for the JFET section?
Why would you want to remove the echo tails and the modulation? That is part of what this design does. If you are going to cut out all of the uniqueness from it you might as well build something else. Step 1:take a piece of paper and a pencil...
I want it to sound like bees buzzing around in a 55 gallon drum...

ALDOUSCROSS
Information

Post by ALDOUSCROSS »

GuitarlCarl wrote:
ALDOUSCROSS wrote:I'm also wondering if there are other ways to switch bypass on/off without using logic gates? like a 3PDT? any conversion for this huge guy? and lastly a good substitute for the JFET section?
Why would you want to remove the echo tails and the modulation? That is part of what this design does. If you are going to cut out all of the uniqueness from it you might as well build something else. Step 1:take a piece of paper and a pencil...

huh? :scratch: My primary concern is the part of the switching not the tails. Because this pedal seems to have a "non-TBP switching" if im correct. well I'm just askin' carl. thanks.