Blackmore MTC (Master Tone Control) WORKALIKE. Any thoughts?

Pickups, wiring schemes, switch techniques and onboard active electronics for guitars and basses
oh7hhi
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by oh7hhi »

Any news on this?

Does someone have a schematic for the Tone Qube? GuitarCarl's pictures seems to be gone...

GuitarlCarl
Cap Cooler
Information
my favorite amplifier: anything tube
Completed builds: Ds-1 mods, SD-1 mods, Small Clone mods, Muff build, Axis build, various other transistor booster builds... I can build a badaxe harmonic perc, but I can't get a fuzzface to sound worth a crap!

Post by GuitarlCarl »

sorry brother reorged my files...
here's the package info
here's my workalike...

I cracked one open and it was a tiny INDUCTOR COIL with two caps in a cube of epoxy, with 3 wires coming out of it. Cap values aren't as important as the inductor value... The coil in a variatone is 1.5H, but the coil in the cube was so tiny and had 1.5mH on it.... I believe a higher value will give more "awe" sound to it, kinda wah ish...

It's really a LRC tone control, as opposed to the RC tone control we normally see in a guitar. Look it up and find the value that works for you... there's definitely a lot of controversy on what coil to use.
I want it to sound like bees buzzing around in a 55 gallon drum...

ZenM
Information

Post by ZenM »

Any updates?

Maybe someone has an idea for a RBTC-workalike? I really like the demos you can hear on youtube.

or the overdriven sound:

joebonni63
Information

Post by joebonni63 »

This has been so long ago but I did not reflect everything I know about this because of the rip off people hiding in the wings......

I was chatting many years ago with one of the guys in Dawks forum and we figured out that if you use the Torres or Rothinstein Midrange Tone Control as the Volume and not the tone that should do it........ Give it a try you might have to alter it a little but it worked for me.......