Blackmore MTC (Master Tone Control) WORKALIKE. Any thoughts?

Pickups, wiring schemes, switch techniques and onboard active electronics for guitars and basses
oh7hhi
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by oh7hhi »

Any news on this?

Does someone have a schematic for the Tone Qube? GuitarCarl's pictures seems to be gone...

GuitarlCarl
Cap Cooler
Information
my favorite amplifier: anything tube
Completed builds: Ds-1 mods, SD-1 mods, Small Clone mods, Muff build, Axis build, various other transistor booster builds... I can build a badaxe harmonic perc, but I can't get a fuzzface to sound worth a crap!

Post by GuitarlCarl »

sorry brother reorged my files...
here's the package info
here's my workalike...

I cracked one open and it was a tiny INDUCTOR COIL with two caps in a cube of epoxy, with 3 wires coming out of it. Cap values aren't as important as the inductor value... The coil in a variatone is 1.5H, but the coil in the cube was so tiny and had 1.5mH on it.... I believe a higher value will give more "awe" sound to it, kinda wah ish...

It's really a LRC tone control, as opposed to the RC tone control we normally see in a guitar. Look it up and find the value that works for you... there's definitely a lot of controversy on what coil to use.
I want it to sound like bees buzzing around in a 55 gallon drum...

ZenM
Information

Post by ZenM »

Any updates?

Maybe someone has an idea for a RBTC-workalike? I really like the demos you can hear on youtube.

or the overdriven sound: