Wiring Idea

Pickups, wiring schemes, switch techniques and onboard active electronics for guitars and basses
dudeduck
Information

Post by dudeduck »

Hi everybody

I've been thinking a lot about combining what i like about some guitars i own into a single wiring mod with a couple new ideas id like to try
So basically i have 2 unmodded guitars with 2 vol 2 tone configuration, 1 with coil tap, one without it, both with 4 conductor wire
what id like to do is to replace the pickup selector with a blend balance pot where the neck pup volume would be, have a master tone and master tone and coil tap out of phase and series, a pot would be unused and it would be nice to hear some ideas about what to do with it, i heard somewhere about a pot that supposedly gives you control over bass and treble it sounds like marketing to me but i dunno

so can it be done? im really baffled about the blend balance pot thingie being compatible with coil tap out of phase and series, but what do i know?

dudeduck
Information

Post by dudeduck »

found it the pot that cuts either trebble or bass is a fender TBX Tone Control, also forgot to mention both guitars use humbuckers

czapa tranzystor
Information

Post by czapa tranzystor »

Hello ,aloha ,witam co słychać i like this forum tschus ,auf wiedersechen :twisted:

GuitarlCarl
Cap Cooler
Information
my favorite amplifier: anything tube
Completed builds: Ds-1 mods, SD-1 mods, Small Clone mods, Muff build, Axis build, various other transistor booster builds... I can build a badaxe harmonic perc, but I can't get a fuzzface to sound worth a crap!

Post by GuitarlCarl »

Separate coil taps with a pushpull pots, no new holes in your guitar... I'd toss the phase idea, its too subtle for me, and you can get subtlety out of the blender. TBX wiring might work but it would have to be adjusted for Humbuckers... I'd stick to separate vols with the pushpulls on them, two tbx tones (master tones reduce your available options) and replace your switch with a blender... hmmm lots of options that way, coil tap either pup, rolling vols back or not and separate tones, to change the sound of your blend... cool idea.
Let me do a little research, this sounds doable...
You could probably replace your pickup switch now with a 500k linear pot to get most of this except the TBX tone... one vol to each side of the pot and center tab out to the jack... just like the switch was wired....you would at least get to check out the blender...
I want it to sound like bees buzzing around in a 55 gallon drum...