New onboard bass preamp!

Pickups, wiring schemes, switch techniques and onboard active electronics for guitars

New onboard bass preamp!

Postby nemuikuma » 06 Apr 2012, 09:52

Hi!
I'm trying to make a preamp for my bass!
I admit i am kind of a beginner, but i couldn't find any schematics that would satisfy my needs.
The idea of the preamp that when i'm playing a song i don't really have time to set the tone knob to the desired value, so this provides me the option to set the pots before playing, and when the filter is needed, i just have to turn a switch and i have the right cutoff.

In TINA-TI everything seems good , but i did not built it yet, but i hope everything will work as it works in the simulation.

The pot in the 1st opamp's feedback loop is a trimmer, to set it for the pickups output.
In the filter section the the pots set the cut off point for the lopass and hipass filters, the switches are 2 circuit type that turn of/on the filters, and connects the the parallel resistor in the feedback loop of the second opamp thus giving a recovery for the filters.
If both switches turned of, it will give a bandpass filter with level boost.
The last pot is to control the output volume.

I would appreciate any feedback, is you find any errors or unnecessary components, wrong values, etc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nemuikuma

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: New onboard bass preamp!

Postby PaulBass » 16 Apr 2012, 03:56

I would use a TLE071 or LT1351 for the opamp and increase C2 to 1uF to 5uF for better bass
PaulBass
Breadboard Brother

Have thanks: 8 times

Postby skylark44 » 26 Apr 2012, 05:50

Looks cool to me...let us know how the build goes, as you complete it...and as always, pics would be great (maybe I'll build one for my P-Bass clone). :mrgreen:
skylark44
Solder Soldier

Have thanks: 5 times

Postby nemuikuma » 07 May 2012, 13:38

Thanks for the replays!
I have built it, it works, but it is not as useful as i imagined, so in the and i just put in a simple buffer...
nemuikuma

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Electric Guitar Rewiring