New onboard bass preamp!

Pickups, wiring schemes, switch techniques and onboard active electronics for guitars and basses
nemuikuma
Information

Post by nemuikuma »

Hi!
I'm trying to make a preamp for my bass!
I admit i am kind of a beginner, but i couldn't find any schematics that would satisfy my needs.
The idea of the preamp that when i'm playing a song i don't really have time to set the tone knob to the desired value, so this provides me the option to set the pots before playing, and when the filter is needed, i just have to turn a switch and i have the right cutoff.

In TINA-TI everything seems good , but i did not built it yet, but i hope everything will work as it works in the simulation.

The pot in the 1st opamp's feedback loop is a trimmer, to set it for the pickups output.
In the filter section the the pots set the cut off point for the lopass and hipass filters, the switches are 2 circuit type that turn of/on the filters, and connects the the parallel resistor in the feedback loop of the second opamp thus giving a recovery for the filters.
If both switches turned of, it will give a bandpass filter with level boost.
The last pot is to control the output volume.

I would appreciate any feedback, is you find any errors or unnecessary components, wrong values, etc.
Attachments
1midboost.jpg
2lopass.jpg
3hipass.jpg
4allpass.jpg
Bass pre.JPG

PaulBass
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by PaulBass »

I would use a TLE071 or LT1351 for the opamp and increase C2 to 1uF to 5uF for better bass

skylark44
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by skylark44 »

Looks cool to me...let us know how the build goes, as you complete it...and as always, pics would be great (maybe I'll build one for my P-Bass clone). :mrgreen:

nemuikuma
Information

Post by nemuikuma »

Thanks for the replays!
I have built it, it works, but it is not as useful as i imagined, so in the and i just put in a simple buffer...