Wiring effect pedal into guitar with bypass

Pickups, wiring schemes, switch techniques and onboard active electronics for guitars and basses
megasplosion
Information

Post by megasplosion »

I decided to build a Fuzz Factory with my friend and we succeed in the circuit. Now i am trying to put the circuit into my guitar and we cant seem to find a configuration that works. the switch is a normal 6 prong switch with prongs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. while up 1, 2 and 5, 6 are bridged and while down 2,3 and 4, 5 are. The way we have it now up turns on the circuit by wiring circuit output to the guitar output (1, 2) and links the negative end of the 9v to the circuit ground (5, 6) while down takes the pickups straight to the guitar output. currently this only works while the switch is down. i have tested and know that the circuit is still working. am i missing something that would make the bypass work?

megasplosion
Information

Post by megasplosion »

looks like it was just a loose connection and a broken transistor. this switch configuration works if anyone finds this thread in the future.

colton.jackson
Information

Post by colton.jackson »

I've considered trying something similar. Do you have a schematic or link to a good reference?