Gaspunk Guitar

Pickups, wiring schemes, switch techniques and onboard active electronics for guitars and basses
GuitarlCarl
Cap Cooler
Information
my favorite amplifier: anything tube
Completed builds: Ds-1 mods, SD-1 mods, Small Clone mods, Muff build, Axis build, various other transistor booster builds... I can build a badaxe harmonic perc, but I can't get a fuzzface to sound worth a crap!

Post by GuitarlCarl »

It's a Teletanker... modded Eldrid wiring, flipped controlplate, strat jackplate on the otherside, and the acorn nut behind the bridge adjusts the neck tilt... I'm calling it a 'Macrotilt Adjustment' ... it's a work in progress but it plays well, definitely a one song axe, thing weighs a ton!

I want it to sound like bees buzzing around in a 55 gallon drum...

FiveseveN
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by FiveseveN »

So when you say "I want it to sound like bees buzzing around in a 55 gallon drum" you're quite literal about it, eh? Awesome job, man! :thumbsup I'm thinking it's hard to make a playable guitar with that rather bendy body. Does it feedback? And at what frequency?
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. (Charles Darwin)

tasteless
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by tasteless »

YEAH !
Awesome - I think it makes it look even cooler being framed by that funky denim couch !

lolbou
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by lolbou »

Great!!! :thumbsup Any hints on how you manage to install the neck in its pocket and lock it in place?

That Macrotilt stuff is good anyway... :wink:
- Are you a mod or a rocker?
- Uh, no, I'm a mocker.

rocklander
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: my jansen bassman 50
Completed builds: rebote 2.5; supreaux; odie; heartthrob tremolo; ross phaser; dr. boogey; thor; baja black toast; slow gear attack, rebote, tri-vibe, small clone, little angel, magnus modulus, echo base, hex fuzz, big muff, 22/7.

Post by rocklander »

looks awesome... would it be any good to play alice in chains? you know.. jerry can-trell? :blackeye
world's greatest tautologist ...in the world
Ronsonic wrote:...the lower the stakes the more vicious the combat.

GuitarlCarl
Cap Cooler
Information
my favorite amplifier: anything tube
Completed builds: Ds-1 mods, SD-1 mods, Small Clone mods, Muff build, Axis build, various other transistor booster builds... I can build a badaxe harmonic perc, but I can't get a fuzzface to sound worth a crap!

Post by GuitarlCarl »

rocklander wrote:looks awesome... would it be any good to play alice in chains? you know.. jerry can-trell? :blackeye
:slap: How's about the Rooster... one of my favs.
lolbou wrote:Great!!! :thumbsup Any hints on how you manage to install the neck in its pocket and lock it in place?

That Macrotilt stuff is good anyway... :wink:
It has a piece of poplar running the length of the body inside, the neck is bolted to it. There's a screw behind the heel, thru the can into the poplar, at the other end a threaded insert is attached to the wood so that a threaded rod going thru the body adjusts the tilt of the whole assembly, the neck bolted to the poplar, and pivoting on the edge of the can behind the heel. The rod is held in place by a collar with a set screw, inside the can, below the acorn nut. Lo-tech hardware store bits. All the Tele parts are secured with machine screws, tapped into the metal can. there's also a 4 inch hole in the bottom of the can where I got my hand inside for assembly, where quite possibly a microamp and speaker will be installed in the future... :blackeye
I want it to sound like bees buzzing around in a 55 gallon drum...