Buffer and treble bleed schem.

Pickups, wiring schemes, switch techniques and onboard active electronics for guitars and basses
georgeb4
Information

Post by georgeb4 »

Could anyone help me with a schematic for a buffer and treble bleed in a guitar? I'm intrigued by the idea of having a buffer at the beginning of your chain (i.e. guitar) as suggested by R.G. I'd also like to experiment with a (very slight) treble bleed to ground - maybe only about as much as you would get just by having a tone pot since this guitar only has a volume knob.

Thanks!

Silent Fly
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Silent Fly »

georgeb4 wrote:Could anyone help me with a schematic for a buffer and treble bleed in a guitar? I'm intrigued by the idea of having a buffer at the beginning of your chain (i.e. guitar) as suggested by R.G. I'd also like to experiment with a (very slight) treble bleed to ground - maybe only about as much as you would get just by having a tone pot since this guitar only has a volume knob.

Thanks!
I am also intrigued... by why people don't use Google. :)

If you run "treble bleed", the first link will give you everything you need to know - schematics included.
If you run "guitar buffer schematics", again the first link will explain how they work with an interesting series of schematics.
"Remember - all I am offering is the truth, nothing more". Morpheus

georgeb4
Information

Post by georgeb4 »

Wise man once say...
Aharon wrote:Wow thanks.......my google skils are seriously lacking.Your kung foo is good.
Aharon
:slap:

TragicTravisty
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by TragicTravisty »

after reading jack orman's article on low voltage dirtboxes, and learning that the voltage determines maximum headroom, and that the average peak of a guitar signal is 1v i wondered if a simple jfet buffer installed in a guitar would have any problem running on a single AAA battery (1.5v)? i understand that the voltage dividing resistors would need to be tweaked.

petemoore
Information

Post by petemoore »

If you can get it biased and have adequate headroom...
I would build and test the circuit at 1.5v supply before installing.