Guitar cable mojo

Pickups, wiring schemes, switch techniques and onboard active electronics for guitars and basses
NickS
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by NickS »

Fender's marketing guys wrote:The Fender Gold and Platinum Acoustasonic Guitar Cables uses 4-Way Differential Cable Architecture to present the best possible balance between all frequency ranges, and to also preserve all the tone and nuance that acoustic-electric guitars are capable of. Optimally selected stranded conductors are used to preserve sustain and the edge and dynamics that are so important in guitar sound, while two different gauge solid conductors augment the midrange & bass to provide a much fuller sound. Specially designed hollow treble conductors give these cables a better, more extended high frequency presentation, with no trace of harshness. These cables have a unique voice that has not been heard before, and use a proprietary technology that is patented. They are specifically designed for acoustic-electric guitar or electric guitar when a more clean sound is desired.

KHELSTROM
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by KHELSTROM »

I was just reading this months issue of Guitar Player magazine and in it they had a guitar cable "roundup" consisting of 49 different cables. Below is a link to a part of the article at the Guitar Player website.

http://www.guitarplayer.com/article/49- ... r-08/34729

NickS
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by NickS »

KHELSTROM wrote:I was just reading this months issue of Guitar Player magazine and in it they had a guitar cable "roundup" consisting of 49 different cables. Below is a link to a part of the article at the Guitar Player website.

http://www.guitarplayer.com/article/49- ... r-08/34729
Thanks. I feel slightly nauseous now.

Fuzzer
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by Fuzzer »

NickS wrote:Thanks. I feel slightly nauseous now.
:lol:

In my opinion, that subject can turn ridiculous, and ridiculously annoying.
Once I tried a bunch of cables, no big difference played clean right into a Fender Vibrolux Reverb.
Later, I plugged a really short cable from my guitar into a Buffered Pedal and swapped the cables again, this time from pedal to amp. I couldn't hear the slightest change.

The pedal was a MXR Phase 90 with a retrofitted simple Opamp(TL071) buffer.

Maybe I'm 'mojo deaf', :hmmm: deaf and dumb.
The Freestompboxes Forum search function is soo great, use the search function..., the S E A R C H function.

bajaman
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by bajaman »

Anyone know where I can purchase Whirlwind Accusonic +1 cable from online, by the yard, foot, metre etc. - and ships to New Zealand.
many thanks
bajaman
be kind to all animals - especially human beings