good picks for bard guitar

Pickups, wiring schemes, switch techniques and onboard active electronics for guitars and basses
copachino
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by copachino »

hi, i just want to know if worth the value to put a good set of picks, in a plarme deluxe guitar,it was my first guitar and i have an special feeling about it, but still sound like crap, so i though that with a good set of pick(not active ones) and may later with a good floyd rose bridge the guitar can sound at least decent, i want to fix it for sentimental reason, was my first guitar after all, i still remenber the day i bought it, and maybe sometimes i play with that for practice or something, so i want it to sound at least decent..

mayb the wood can be a problem but, i dont think it sound bad after all... but maybe im wrong, also, maybe i can get recomendations of picks

Motter
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Motter »

A good set of pickups can do wonders for a cheap guitar, or any guitar for that matter. What kind of sound are you looking for and what size are the pickups?

copachino
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by copachino »

the pick ups like stratocaster style, 3 single coils, and the sound, well something not to bright or too fat, something to play a british rock n roll, or maybe something to play funk

Motter
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by Motter »

You could spend all day just listing the number of companies who make guitar pickups, and I'll bet most of them make something that would do well for british rock and roll and some funk.

On the cheap end of the spectrum I've had good luck with GFS, Seymour Duncan, and Dimarzio. For more special guitars, I've been very satisfied with the pickups made by TV Jones and Lindy Fralin. All of these companies make a wide variety of styles. I have a Strat with a set of Fender Tex Mex pickups, and I find them to be very versatile.

copachino
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by copachino »

those Fender Tex Mex seems tobe very cheap, i will give it a try