Johnson strat copy

Pickups, wiring schemes, switch techniques and onboard active electronics for guitars and basses
aharon colman
Information

Post by aharon colman »

A couple of years ago I bought a Johnson guitar body and neck at a flea market. no hardware and the neck was separate from the body ,it looked decent so i bought it for next to nothing ,the neck seems maple(the darker kind ) and the body who knows .I had parts at home so i decided to take a chance,last week decided to assemble it and to my suprise its a great guitar ,plays smooth fast neck,intonated very well but i cant find much info on johnson except that was a company out of arizona till they sold to china or korea.I know this guitar is not a late johnson it s an early usa model ,it's just too good,I have it with an HH pickguard and sounds really nice,does anybody have any info on this brand?
Thanks
Aharon

aharon colman
Information

Post by aharon colman »

johnson strat.jpg
here is a pic of the almost finished rebuild,I'm waiting on a tusq nut cause it binds a little but otherwise a nice and cheap guitar

Aharon

aharon colman
Information

Post by aharon colman »

Grabbed myself one of these,nice little guitar and nice finish,thin neck and the pups are better than average with a shadow tuner built in the bridge pup. All in all a score I think,took a while to track down but got it through long and mcquade.Next I'd like a Bonamassa green epi LP with a bigsby ,I know they've been out for a while but never got around to it.
The one in the background is a Lado Hawk series #100 with a khaler bridge and
a super distortion in the bridge.

Aharon
Attachments
Epi special II AFD Slash model.jpg