PRS Tremonti guitar wiring

Pickups, wiring schemes, switch techniques and onboard active electronics for guitars and basses
ballfire
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by ballfire »

hello again diy musicians..

any body here knows the inside guitar wiring of Tremonti PRS guitar? the exact wiring cavity inside of that guitar with real wire pictures of pot inside of it..because I want to rewire my guitar like tremontis anybody knows here where I can find it? I check the prs website is not there..

thanks

Cub
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by Cub »

Hey ball,

In order to duplicate the wiring from the PRS you played, you first have to know when it was made as these guitars were wired in three different ways over the years. Before 2007, 2007-2012, 2012-today. I could say there are four ways and split that last one in 2012-2015 / 2015-today, but the difference is too small and the file is too big.

Before 2007 single cut models look like they have the post 1967 Fender Telecaster wiring installed twice, but with Gibson values for the pots and caps.
The other diagram in singlecut.pdf is almost how Gibson did it in the 1950s, but the lugs for the cap and ground on the tone pot are swapped. This doesn't have any impact on the sound when the tone is 0 or 10, but is does change how quickly or slowly the tone changes when dialling between these two outer settings.

From 2012 on, the wiring the Tremonti is done nearly identical to Gibsons, the only difference being the rather high .033µF caps and, of course, the different placement of the pots. The pdf I have of this one is 1,47 MB and that's too large to attach, but you're not missing anything.

The diagram in the 2015 file is much better drawn and easier to follow than the 2012 pdf anyway and almost nothing has changed in the wiring since '12. The only thing is that the bit of ground wire between the neck volume and neck tone has been removed from the drawing. Is it also not present in the actual guitars? Was it ever even present in the guitars before 2015 or only in the diagrams? No idea, but it wouldn't make any difference. The four pot casings are still grounded.

All pots in all files are 500k, but I have no idea what taper. I assume all are audio taper.

Good luck! :thumbsup
Attachments
singlecut.pdf
(428.54 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
tremonti (2015).pdf
(19.54 KiB) Downloaded 599 times
I wish I were a chestnut tree, nourished by the sun.
With twigs and leaves and branches and conkers by the ton.

ballfire
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by ballfire »

hello diy muscians..

thank you very much cub for the file i appreciate it very much..i saw it and its just like the les paul modern wiring..with 0.033 ..its like a midrangey cap..cool

thanks again...

mj_sound_cubed
Information

Post by mj_sound_cubed »

Very useful PDF. :)

Cub
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by Cub »

Cheers lads! Happy to help. :thumbsup
I wish I were a chestnut tree, nourished by the sun.
With twigs and leaves and branches and conkers by the ton.