[wta] steve morse schematic

Pickups, wiring schemes, switch techniques and onboard active electronics for guitars and basses
teddybear
Information

Post by teddybear »

any wiring schematic?

puppiesonacid
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by puppiesonacid »

oh this old thing hahahah... yeah... here you go. very clever stuff, but even steve has simplified his latest guitars. great for inspiration or trying out his setup.
Attachments
Morse-wiring-diag.JPG

teddybear
Information

Post by teddybear »

what kind switch is this?
Attachments
Morse-wiring-diag2.JPG

puppiesonacid
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by puppiesonacid »

its a push pull pot... I think I remember steve saying in one of his videos that it adds pickup 3 to any of the other pickup combo's depending on where the blade switch was set, although its mounted to a small pc board for easier/neater looking wiring. i have a couple other ebmm wiring diagrams too. I have one of thier "silent circuits" which i think is just a dummy coil or inductor to trick out the pickups, kinda like the dummy coil in the fender elite series electronics. I love ebmm guitars, great quality at a fair price. I havent been over on thier forums in a couple years but when i left, they were some of the best and most diplomatic chaps I had ever encountered on the net.

hope this helps...
puppiesonacid

teddybear
Information

Post by teddybear »

puppiesonacid wrote:its a push pull pot... I think I remember steve saying in one of his videos that it adds pickup 3 to any of the other pickup combo's depending on where the blade switch was set, although its mounted to a small pc board for easier/neater looking wiring. i have a couple other ebmm wiring diagrams too. I have one of thier "silent circuits" which i think is just a dummy coil or inductor to trick out the pickups, kinda like the dummy coil in the fender elite series electronics. I love ebmm guitars, great quality at a fair price. I havent been over on thier forums in a couple years but when i left, they were some of the best and most diplomatic chaps I had ever encountered on the net.

hope this helps...
puppiesonacid
i quess not push pull cause it's 3 way switch. push pull in this attachment.
silent circuits like gibson hawk isn't it?
Attachments
Morse-wiring-diag2.JPG

puppiesonacid
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by puppiesonacid »

sorry, im retarded... completley forgot what i was looking at. yes its a toggle, 3pdt. :slap:

silent circuit, to knock out 60 cycle hum with singles/split buckers. i didnt know the nighthawks had something like that, i was only familiar with the ebmm circuit. the second toggle, 1PDT i think, adds the 3rd pickup to whatever the blade switch is on, something like that anyways....

teddybear
Information

Post by teddybear »

puppiesonacid wrote:sorry, im retarded... completley forgot what i was looking at. yes its a toggle, 3pdt. :slap:

silent circuit, to knock out 60 cycle hum with singles/split buckers. i didnt know the nighthawks had something like that, i was only familiar with the ebmm circuit. the second toggle, 1PDT i think, adds the 3rd pickup to whatever the blade switch is on, something like that anyways....
no, its not 3pdt but 3p3t (3-way with 3 pole), cmiiw.
the 3p3t look different like ordinary. :D
any pics ebmm circuit?
you right about second toggle 1pdt. :)

JiM
Diode Debunker
Information
Completed builds: Completed builds :
Proco Rat
MXR MicroAmp in a volume pedal
TubeDriver (w/ NoS russian tube and big muff tone contol) + Phase 45 (w/ univibe cap ratio)
Dallas Rangemaster (w/ noisy OC75, negative ground)
SubCaster tube booster (w/ NoS russian tube, PtP)
Hot Harmonics
Music From Outer Space SubCommander in progress
Crackle Not OK
Simple bass blender in a 1590A
Bazz Fuss with a photo-darlington

Post by JiM »

teddybear wrote:no, its not 3pdt but 3p3t (3-way with 3 pole), cmiiw.
But a simple SP3T will do, as there are only 3 wires connected to it :thumbsup
I only give negative feedback.