Ibanez bass internal preamps

Pickups, wiring schemes, switch techniques and onboard active electronics for guitars and basses
Fuzzer
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by Fuzzer »

Greetings folks.

Does anybody have schematics or information regarding the preamps used inside some Ibanez basses?

I recently got the chance to play one bass equipped with the PHAT Eq and I liked it enough to be curious about it. The circuit is surface mount assembled and is attached to the control potentiometer by the latter's lugs.

Thanks in advance.
The Freestompboxes Forum search function is soo great, use the search function..., the S E A R C H function.

soulsonic
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YVM-1
Completed builds: too many!

Post by soulsonic »

I have a friend who has a bass that has the electronics from an Ibanez bass in it. I'm not sure which model of Ibanez it came from, but it has Volume, Treble, Middle, Bass, and Pickup Blend. If I'm near it soon, I will try to take it apart and trace it. My friend won't mind, he hardly plays any more. I don't think he'd care what I do as long as I don't break it. :lol:
"Analog electronics in music is dead. Analog effects pedal design is a dead art." - Fran

Fuzzer
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by Fuzzer »

Thanks man, that's really kind. :thumbsup
The Freestompboxes Forum search function is soo great, use the search function..., the S E A R C H function.

Fuzzer
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by Fuzzer »

Here are some pics, I tried my best with the embedded Board, but is really difficult, or at least was for me, to get everything in a single shot.
Attachments
S63015911.jpg
S63015911.jpg (57.88 KiB) Viewed 929 times
S6301595.JPG
S6301592.JPG
S6301578.JPG