Enclosed Battery Case Mounting?

Frequently asked questions regarding powering your pedal.
tonight, we ride
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: Marshall JCM 900 2500
Completed builds: TS-808 kit, Orange Squeezer kit, Super Duper clone, Big Muff (russian re-issue) creamy dreamer switchable mod,

Post by tonight, we ride »

Does anyone have experience with those enclosed 9v battery cases that allow you to change the battery without opening the enclosure? If so, I'm curious about what tool you use to cut out the rectangle for the battery enclosure... One of those nibbler tools maybe? I know you could do it with a jigsaw but that just seems like a hassle (plus i don't have one).

Here's the kind i'm talking about:http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Bul ... vrh%2fA%3d

phibes
Transistor Tuner
Information
my favorite amplifier: HIWATT motherfucker!

Post by phibes »

Definitely use a dremmel. If you don't got one, good time to pick one up. There nice to have around. I can't remember which bits I use off hand but there's a little set you can get that works perfect.
GuitarlCarl - "TGP = The Gear Polishers"

Image Ken

gilmour_pugliese
Resistor Ronker
Information
my favorite amplifier: DIY Hiwatt DR504

Post by gilmour_pugliese »

My english is pretty bad, so, here's a quick draw with my method... :popcorn:
Attachments
tutorial.jpg

tonight, we ride
Breadboard Brother
Information
my favorite amplifier: Marshall JCM 900 2500
Completed builds: TS-808 kit, Orange Squeezer kit, Super Duper clone, Big Muff (russian re-issue) creamy dreamer switchable mod,

Post by tonight, we ride »

Thanks for the responses guys! Can't believe i didn't think of the dremel for this... it should be instinct by now: need to cut something = grab dremel.

gilmour_pugliese - definitely gonna have to try that out in the near future! Thanks for the picture tutorial!

Duckman
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Duckman »

The one I did was cutting the space just in the edge of the box, so only three cuts needed: the sides, with the saw and the top, with holes and some file work, like pugliese. Also, you need to get rid of the little flange inside the box lid.