Strange (to me) resistor schematic markings

Frequently asked question regarding resistors, potentiometers, types, requirements, ratings etc.
sepulchre
Information
my favorite amplifier: a Fender Twin Amp or a nice Marshall
Completed builds: No way I could remember all of them. Been doing this since the early 80s, but . .
Mostly onboard active guitar preamps, hotrodding amplifiers a bit (mostly tubes), and home brew devices - experiments from my laboratory, mad scientist style.
I've modded and rebuilt some synthesizers, but as far as pedals go I pretty much build my own: overdrives, fuzzes, etc. I've built some software effects like ring modulators, but I'm back into the wires now.

Post by sepulchre »

I'm no noob when it comes to electronics; been building and repairing stuff, sometimes professionally, since the '70s. But I just came across a schematic with resistor values I don't quite understand. The schematic has the usual "k" and "m" marks, ie: 47k and 1m. But there's one that's marked 120E. Could that be ohms? (in what language?) It's definitely a resistor because it's labeled 'R6' similar to the others in the circuit.
Like I said, I've been around, but this is a new one on me. I'd appreciate any info anyone might have.
Thanks,
Ken
"I love the smell of solder in the morning. Smells like . . . victory."

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

R = E = Ohm :wink:
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

sepulchre
Information
my favorite amplifier: a Fender Twin Amp or a nice Marshall
Completed builds: No way I could remember all of them. Been doing this since the early 80s, but . .
Mostly onboard active guitar preamps, hotrodding amplifiers a bit (mostly tubes), and home brew devices - experiments from my laboratory, mad scientist style.
I've modded and rebuilt some synthesizers, but as far as pedals go I pretty much build my own: overdrives, fuzzes, etc. I've built some software effects like ring modulators, but I'm back into the wires now.

Post by sepulchre »

Thank you!!! I was clueless.

Ken
"I love the smell of solder in the morning. Smells like . . . victory."