BC Components 1uf Caps

Frequently asked questions on capacitor types, ratings, brands, use and abuse.
humfree
Information

Post by humfree »

I purchased some of these by mistake and I was wondering about their quality when compared with those little brownish red Panasonic caps. The BCs are white and boxlike. I bought them from SmallBear (not paying attention) thinking they were the Panasonics. My old stock came from DigiKey or Mouser and I was happy with them.. just not sure if I should use them, return them, or trade them to someone.

There is a pic of the Panasonics I am used to at the bottom of this page, and two components from those is what I bought..

http://www.smallbearelec.com/Categories ... 9&total=15

Thanks!

RnFR
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YBA-III, Fender Super Six
Completed builds: custom fuzz.

Post by RnFR »

those caps are fine. no reason to send them back. it's always nice to have a variety of caps for experimentation anyways.
"You've converted me to Cubic thinking. Where do I sign up for the newsletter? I need to learn more about how I can break free from ONEism Death Math." - Soulsonic

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO

humfree
Information

Post by humfree »

Thank You!

Excellent news.. I have never seen these before, but they are supposedly made from the same material. I am a little surprised that Small Bear doesn't carry the 1uf Panasonics as they seem to have every other lower value available. Maybe these are better.. they look like little refrigerators.. for the tiny little people who live in my mod world.. hehehe..