PNP MKII Wiring problem

Frequently asked question on transistors: types, substitutions, how to test, use and misuse them.
OnTheTundra
Information

Post by OnTheTundra »

I asked for this before but forgot to save the file, but can someone please post the wiring diagram for a PNP positive ground fuzz? The last time I asked somebody posted the diagram from GGG and I went back to look for it there and couldnt find it. So if you would be so kind...
I promise to save it on my computer this time!
Also Im building the Tonepad MKII Fuzz so maybe someone has a wiring diagram for that too.
THANKS

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Self-Built Valve Amp Head :)
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

OnTheTundra wrote:I asked for this before but forgot to save the file, but can someone please post the wiring diagram for a PNP positive ground fuzz? The last time I asked somebody posted the diagram from GGG and I went back to look for it there and couldnt find it. So if you would be so kind...
I promise to save it on my computer this time!
Also Im building the Tonepad MKII Fuzz so maybe someone has a wiring diagram for that too.
THANKS

I'll just draw up a diagram for you and post it here.... :)

I'm assuming that you mean the Tonebender Professional Mk II
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information
Completed builds: Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face,Tone Bender Professional Mk 3,Tone Bender 3-Knob,Baja BK Butler Tube Driver,Baja Real Tube Overdrive,Roger Mayer Octavia,EH Soul Preacher,Tech 21 XXL Distortion,MFOS Weird Sound Generator.

Post by DrNomis »

Here you go,hope this helps,let me know if you have any trouble with your build.... :)

Note that the red wire from the battery clip is the positive lead,and is soldered to the ring connection on the input socket,the tip connection is connected to the footswitch.... :)

The black wire from the battery clip is the negative lead.... :)
Attachments
MkII Positive Ground Wiring
MkII Positive Ground Wiring
Genius is not all about 99% perspiration, and 1% inspiration - sometimes the solution is staring you right in the face.-Frequencycentral.

RnFR
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YBA-III, Fender Super Six
Completed builds: custom fuzz.

Post by RnFR »

I think this is what he is looking for. :wink:

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/dia ... a841b3e85a
"You've converted me to Cubic thinking. Where do I sign up for the newsletter? I need to learn more about how I can break free from ONEism Death Math." - Soulsonic

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO

DrNomis
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by DrNomis »

RnFR wrote:I think this is what he is looking for. :wink:

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/dia ... a841b3e85a

RnFR,I know that this is a bit off topic,but I was wondering where does your User Name come from?,hope you don't mind me asking... :)

Thanks in advance.... :)

spookybonus
Information

Post by spookybonus »

i am going to take a guess: Rock n F*cking Roll?

OnTheTundra
Information

Post by OnTheTundra »

Hey do you guys know how to add a voltage sag to a positive ground pedal? I can do it negative ground no problem (the beavis wiring) but Im wondering if I should put the same wires in the pot or if its just depends on the purpose of the wire. Thanks

RnFR
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YBA-III, Fender Super Six
Completed builds: custom fuzz.

Post by RnFR »

spookybonus wrote:i am going to take a guess: Rock n F*cking Roll?
Give that man a prize. [smilie=a_partyguy.gif]
OnTheTundra wrote:Hey do you guys know how to add a voltage sag to a positive ground pedal? I can do it negative ground no problem (the beavis wiring) but Im wondering if I should put the same wires in the pot or if its just depends on the purpose of the wire. Thanks
Same exact way you would do it on a neg gr pedal.
"You've converted me to Cubic thinking. Where do I sign up for the newsletter? I need to learn more about how I can break free from ONEism Death Math." - Soulsonic

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO

spookybonus
Information

Post by spookybonus »

wooooohoo! i'll accept a stash of germanium transistors for my prize! haha