Transistor Substitution Handbook

Frequently asked question on transistors: types, substitutions, how to test, use and misuse them.
MoreCowbell
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by MoreCowbell »

I don't know if you guys are interested, but I have an old transistor substitution handbook from 1965. It has pinouts for many obsolete transistors, as well as other information. If someone at the forum was interested in scanning it and putting it into PDF form, I would be happy to send it out to them to do so. Let me know if this interests you.

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Would always be great as a reference, but you'll have to weigh the pro and cons of the job. Great proposal anyway.

Does it contain stuff you weren't able to find online? Eventually I found the datasheets for a batch of russian transistor i got on ebay.
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

MoreCowbell
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by MoreCowbell »

modman wrote:Would always be great as a reference, but you'll have to weigh the pro and cons of the job. Great proposal anyway.

Does it contain stuff you weren't able to find online? Eventually I found the datasheets for a batch of russian transistor i got on ebay.
It's about 120 pages long. It doesn't contain much information on Russian transistors, but does have info on Japanese transistors,

It would definitely take a bit of time, but it is pretty comprehensive.