PCB transfer scaling issues

Frequently asked question on the subject of designing, creating, producing printed boards, veroboards or perfboads and on point-to-point construction techniques.
chicago_mike
Tube Twister
Information

Post by chicago_mike »

I printed the psb to scale, but the pinout for the TL074's are too close together to safely solder in the chip or a stand-off.

is there a revised pcb layout or what do I do short of making another pcb?
Skyline FX 2013

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

chicago_mike wrote:I printed the psb to scale, but the pinout for the TL074's are too close together to safely solder in the chip or a stand-off.

is there a revised pcb layout or what do I do short of making another pcb?
Don't trust Microsoft or your printer settings. Scale it yourself in you print settings - I learned from Bajaman to check with an opamp before you proceed.
Could you link to the layout in question so we could have a look?
Good luck!
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

cpnyc23
Information
Completed builds: lots

Post by cpnyc23 »

I've taken to printing a handful of differently sized transfers on regular paper and then going thru each one with a transistor socket and (if on the pcb) an opamp socket. I physically lay them on the paper and make notes of which sizes are the best fit. Only once I narrow it down to the best resizing do I break out the PnP. It only takes a few minutes and with practice you get a better feeling of how poorly Microsoft distorts images in various viewing modes.

-chris
"I've traveled the world and never seen a statue of a critic." -L.B.

danielzink
Resistor Ronker
Information
Completed builds: Too many: www.danielzink.com

Post by danielzink »

cpnyc23 wrote:I've taken to printing a handful of differently sized transfers on regular paper and then going thru each one with a transistor socket and (if on the pcb) an opamp socket. I physically lay them on the paper and make notes of which sizes are the best fit. Only once I narrow it down to the best resizing do I break out the PnP. It only takes a few minutes and with practice you get a better feeling of how poorly Microsoft distorts images in various viewing modes.

-chris
I do the same thing. I'll print out my circuit on regular paper - then go to the bench and punch out the "pads" with a safety pin and start test fitting components.

Dan
http://www.danielzink.com
MoonWatcher wrote: Silent ain't better. If someone cracks the shitwind, I want to know what's headed my way. Silence is for the library and the cemetery.

chicago_mike
Tube Twister
Information

Post by chicago_mike »

Its that danged neutron that I was having issues with. :lol:

Ill try the resizing thing like you guys say.
Skyline FX 2013