Turning a schematic into a board tutorial

Frequently asked question on the subject of designing, creating, producing printed boards, veroboards or perfboads and on point-to-point construction techniques.
Dallas
Information

Post by Dallas »

Anyone know of a good tutorial for taking a simple schematic and turning it into board for a pedal? I'm refering to using a perf board etc. to do a simple [like a fuzz] circuit. It's translating schematic into real life that I need a little help on. Things like - getting all those grounds to the right place and how the connections look in real life when you put them on your own board. I realize there are programs for making a board layout if you are going to etch somethig /etc. That's another topic. First thing a noob needs to know is what symbols turn into in a real life board.

Anyone seen anything like this? It would answer a lot of questions...

lolbou
Old Solderhand
Information

Post by lolbou »

Hi,

For classical stuff, you might inspire yourself from existing designs...

When it comes to your own stuff, then there's no exact rule I think... Some devices are to be kept way from other ones (clocks in choruses for example), but you should just try and try...

A tutorial, if it only exists, could be great anyway...
- Are you a mod or a rocker?
- Uh, no, I'm a mocker.

beavis
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by beavis »

beavisaudio.com

Dallas
Information

Post by Dallas »

ibodog2 wrote:I ran across this the other day:

http://www.zen22142.zen.co.uk/Prac/vero_circ/vero.htm

I'm in the same boat as you. I think I just need to pick a simple design, get the materials, and have a go at it.

Thanks - checked out those pages - a bit helpful, but needing a lot more :slap:

Dallas
Information

Post by Dallas »

YEEE- HAAA There's Gold in them there hills!
This is the ticket. A link should be put in the FAQ, start here type pages on the site. Just down to the section on bread boards and already it's clicking...

Thank you very much.