A Question About Breadboards

Frequently asked question on the subject of designing, creating, producing printed boards, veroboards or perfboads and on point-to-point construction techniques.
PedalPlayer
Information

Post by PedalPlayer »

Ok, I'm really new to this, so sorry if this is a stupid question with an obvious answer. With a breadboard, do the resistors and caps and stuff have to be connected in a certain order, or does it just matter that everything is connected? Thanks in advance for any answers. I'm getting really close to breadboarding my first build and I'm really excited about it.

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

PedalPlayer
Information

Post by PedalPlayer »

I realized I didn't really make my question clear. What I was trying to ask is does the circuit have to go through each component in order? For example, does it have to go through R1 and then R2 and so on, or is it more like the signal goes through every component at once, and then through the output? Or, is it more like it goes through 2 or 3 things in order, and then goes through the rest in no particular order? Sorry if this doesn't make sense.
P.S. Thanks for the link, it was really helpful.

PedalPlayer
Information

Post by PedalPlayer »

Great, thanks. So in both veroboard, and a breadboard, the important thing is that they are connected, not that they're neccessarily in the right order.