How do you transfer a schematic to bread board?

Frequently asked question on the subject of designing, creating, producing printed boards, veroboards or perfboads and on point-to-point construction techniques.
PedalPlayer
Information

Post by PedalPlayer »

I'm kind of new at this and I was wondering, how to you guys look at the schematic and then come up with the layout? I've always had trouble following the schematic, and I can't see how you would be able to transfer the two. Any help would be great. Thanks.

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

Beavis Audio have a great guide From Schematic to Reality, check it out.
"If anyone is a 'genius' for putting jacks in such a pedal in the only spot where they could physically fit, then I assume I too am a genius for correctly inserting my legs into my pants this morning." - candletears7 - TGP

Scruffie
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Scruffie »

Here ya go, everything you should need to know,

http://www.beavisaudio.com/techpages/Sc ... ToReality/

PedalPlayer
Information

Post by PedalPlayer »

Wow, that's really helpful. The only thing I don't understand is what is the deal with the jumpering? Why are some of the spots on the breadboard jumpered?

cpnyc23
Information
Completed builds: lots

Post by cpnyc23 »

Because of the way breadboards are laid out, you only have so many continuous rows. You need to run a jumper to connect the different strips to other parts of the board. Think of jumpers as traces on a circuit board - they are just conduits for electrons to flow to normally unconnected pathways.

-chris
"I've traveled the world and never seen a statue of a critic." -L.B.

cpnyc23
Information
Completed builds: lots

Post by cpnyc23 »

Because of the way breadboards are laid out, you only have so many continuous rows. You need to run a jumper to connect the different strips to other parts of the board. Think of jumpers as traces on a circuit board - they are just conduits for electrons to flow to normally unconnected pathways.

-chris
"I've traveled the world and never seen a statue of a critic." -L.B.

PedalPlayer
Information

Post by PedalPlayer »

Thanks for the response about the jumpers. That makes sense and that was what I thought they were for, I just wasn't sure.

sgtdrpepper
Information

Post by sgtdrpepper »

Thanks for the links i just decided to give effects building a try and there is a wealth of information in these forums.