Terminal Strip / Terminal Lug Help

Frequently asked question on the subject of designing, creating, producing printed boards, veroboards or perfboads and on point-to-point construction techniques.
claytushaywood
Information

Post by claytushaywood »

Ive been contemplating building the austin treble blaster thanks to RG keen. I am however very concerned with the amount of information available with this procedure. I am pretty noob, but wouldnt you run the risk of having components short out on each other when soldering to a terminal strip?

Ive been searching the web trying to find the answer to this question. Can anyone just point me in the right direction?

Thanks much!

Duckman
Opamp Operator
Information

Post by Duckman »

Hides-His-Eyes
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Hides-His-Eyes »

I still can't get over you americans and your "Soddering" :P
Testing, testing, won too fwee

claytushaywood
Information

Post by claytushaywood »

Not really....

check out rg keens austin treble blaster here http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/R ... er/drm.htm

it is a pedal built using one terminal strip with the components all over the place.

Wouldnt the leads from components short out if they're touching each other? Do I have to put this together so they are all spaced out so the leads dont touch any thing else?

RnFR
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YBA-III, Fender Super Six
Completed builds: custom fuzz.

Post by RnFR »

Hides-His-Eyes wrote:I still can't get over you americans and your "Soddering" :P
oh god, not this again... :roll:

i just saw about 50 youtube comments about this same thing. idiots arguing over this like it actually matters. youtube comments- it's like the land of the lost sometimes. :slap:
"You've converted me to Cubic thinking. Where do I sign up for the newsletter? I need to learn more about how I can break free from ONEism Death Math." - Soulsonic

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO