Terminal Strip / Terminal Lug Help

Frequently asked question on the subject of designing, creating, producing printed boards, veroboards or perfboads and on point-to-point construction techniques.

Terminal Strip / Terminal Lug Help

Postby claytushaywood » 29 Apr 2010, 22:10

Ive been contemplating building the austin treble blaster thanks to RG keen. I am however very concerned with the amount of information available with this procedure. I am pretty noob, but wouldnt you run the risk of having components short out on each other when soldering to a terminal strip?

Ive been searching the web trying to find the answer to this question. Can anyone just point me in the right direction?

Thanks much!
claytushaywood

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Terminal Strip / Terminal Lug Help

Postby Duckman » 01 May 2010, 07:36

Duckman
Opamp Operator

Have thanks: 121 times

Postby Hides-His-Eyes » 01 May 2010, 09:25

I still can't get over you americans and your "Soddering" :P
Testing, testing, won too fwee
Hides-His-Eyes
Tube Twister

Have thanks: 84 times

Postby claytushaywood » 09 May 2010, 20:10

Not really....

check out rg keens austin treble blaster here http://www.geofex.com/Article_Folders/Rangemaster/drm.htm

it is a pedal built using one terminal strip with the components all over the place.

Wouldnt the leads from components short out if they're touching each other? Do I have to put this together so they are all spaced out so the leads dont touch any thing else?
claytushaywood

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby RnFR » 10 May 2010, 02:25

Hides-His-Eyes wrote:I still can't get over you americans and your "Soddering" :P

oh god, not this again... :roll:

i just saw about 50 youtube comments about this same thing. idiots arguing over this like it actually matters. youtube comments- it's like the land of the lost sometimes. :slap:
"You've converted me to Cubic thinking. Where do I sign up for the newsletter? I need to learn more about how I can break free from ONEism Death Math." - Soulsonic

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO
RnFR
Old Solderhand

Have thanks: 170 times

Return to Veroboard, Perfboard, PCB & Point-to-Point