Help!: Applying Logo Plate To Enclosure

Frequent question about finishing your stompbox: painting, etching, clearcoating, lettering, etc...

Help!: Applying Logo Plate To Enclosure

Postby lettuceprey » 19 Nov 2012, 23:04

I've just finished my first build, and had some aluminum plates made with a logo I created. I'd lke to attach these plates permanently to my pedals somehow. I've tried loctite and hot glue so far with zero success. Any suggestions?

I've placed the plate on the box like i need it to be...but cant figure out what to bond the aluminum to the powder coated aluminum with:

lettuceprey

Have thanks: 0 time

Re: Help!: Applying Logo Plate To Enclosure

Postby FiveseveN » 19 Nov 2012, 23:13

By Loctite do you mean cyanoacrylate (Super Glue/Krazy Glue)? 'Cause there's a bunch of adhesives sold under that brand name, but IIRC cyanoacrylate is the main one. Should work with epoxy (the clear bicomponent type), might have to sand the surface a bit (but stay within the plate's perimeter).
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge. (Charles Darwin)
FiveseveN
Resistor Ronker

Have thanks: 45 times

Re: Help!: Applying Logo Plate To Enclosure

Postby lettuceprey » 03 Jan 2013, 19:14

I found a great glue at Autozone which bonds the enclosure and logo perfectly. And it's crazy strong!

Dr. Bond Glue by Permatex. It's used as rear view mirror adhesize and worked out great. FYI
lettuceprey

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Enclosure Finishing