Epoxy Enamel Paint. Anyone use it?

Frequent question about boxes and accessories: painting, etching, clearcoating, lettering, glueing, and so on.
KHELSTROM
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by KHELSTROM »

Just wondering if anyone has finished a box using any of the epoxy enamel spray paints available? If so what is your opinion, is it any better/ more durable?

soulsonic
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YVM-1
Completed builds: too many!

Post by soulsonic »

I've wanted to try that stuff, but I want a color other than white or black, so I haven't gotten around to messing with it. It seems like it would be great, but I guess you never really know until you try it.
"Analog electronics in music is dead. Analog effects pedal design is a dead art." - Fran

KHELSTROM
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by KHELSTROM »

I think I'll give it a try this weekend. I wonder if anyone is using it as a "protective coating" on their PCB? :lol:

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

KHELSTROM wrote:I wonder if anyone is using it as a "protective coating" on their PCB? :lol:
To protect the pcb against what :hmmm: ? Circuit tracers?
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

KHELSTROM
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by KHELSTROM »

modman wrote:
KHELSTROM wrote:I wonder if anyone is using it as a "protective coating" on their PCB? :lol:
To protect the pcb against what :hmmm: ? Circuit tracers?
Yes but only in vain. I guess it would be like a "security blanket" for them.

soulsonic
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YVM-1
Completed builds: too many!

Post by soulsonic »

I think the only effective "security blanket" would be a Titanium shell in the center of a block of Lead that's plated in Gold.
I wouldn't waste my time trying to get into THAT! :lol:

Actually, I think just sanding the names off the chips and transistors is enough to keep the average person from being able to totally know for sure what the exact circuit is; and we know what a difference the right chip can make to the sound. And it still allows techs to be able to repair it because 90% of the time it isn't going to be a chip or transistor that dies.
"Analog electronics in music is dead. Analog effects pedal design is a dead art." - Fran