Envirotex pour-on finish?

Frequent question about boxes and accessories: painting, etching, clearcoating, lettering, glueing, and so on.
sugarinthegourd
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by sugarinthegourd »

Anyone here ever try this Envirotex Lite stuff on a pedal? This is that thick high-gloss pour-on epoxy that's often seen on bartops, looking like it's maybe 1/8" thick and almost wet.

Thinking it might be fun and probably pretty protective. Anyone try it, or do I need to take one for the team?

RnFR
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YBA-III, Fender Super Six
Completed builds: custom fuzz.

Post by RnFR »

never heard of it. seen many a bar though! [smilie=wine.gif]

i say give it a shot. might be cool.
"You've converted me to Cubic thinking. Where do I sign up for the newsletter? I need to learn more about how I can break free from ONEism Death Math." - Soulsonic

Blog-APOCALYPSE AUDIO

evo
Information

Post by evo »

sugarinthegourd wrote:Anyone here ever try this Envirotex Lite stuff on a pedal? This is that thick high-gloss pour-on epoxy that's often seen on bartops, looking like it's maybe 1/8" thick and almost wet.

Thinking it might be fun and probably pretty protective. Anyone try it, or do I need to take one for the team?
I cant remember what bartops look like :wink: , but i think Envirotext is worth to try. I add this to my
custom finishes tryout list which already includes Ghost Chrome:
http://images.google.fi/images?hl=fi&q= ... uvia&gbv=2
and Crystal FX: http://www.kustomrides.com/supplies/crystal-fx.html

GuitarLord5000
Information
Completed builds: ROG Big Daddy
ROG Grace
ROG Little Gem
ROG Tantalus Project
ROG 3 Legged Dog
DOD 250
MXR Dist +
Easy Face
Fuzz face
Orange Squeezer

Post by GuitarLord5000 »

Ooooh, that Crystal FX stuff looks friggin sweet!

I've seen the bartops with the coating you're talking about. Besides being careful not to layer it on too thick, I think it'd be pretty nifty! The nicest bartops I've seen like this are boxed in at the top, with at least 1/8" of this stuff poured inside.
Cheers,
Dave

soulsonic
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YVM-1
Completed builds: too many!

Post by soulsonic »

I bought some of the Envirotex stuff about a year ago for exactly this same purpose... I still haven't gotten around to trying it. :oops:
I should try doing some kind of decoupage thing or something with leaves and nature junk all over it or something like that. You know, have a bunch of small sorta flat object in it; take advantage of the whole 3D depth possibility.
:hmmm: Yes, that would be much more interesting than just using it to cover paint.
"Analog electronics in music is dead. Analog effects pedal design is a dead art." - Fran

sugarinthegourd
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by sugarinthegourd »

I've got some Envirotex on the way, and hope to try it soon...

Cow4prez
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Cow4prez »

how to you get it to be a smooth finish if you pour that stuff on. Don't you get a huge mess?