Etching die-cast enclosures (like the Moollon)

Frequent question about boxes and accessories: painting, etching, clearcoating, lettering, glueing, and so on.
modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

first etch using magazine paper

Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

$uperpuma
Information

Post by $uperpuma »

looks pretty darn good!

Bside2234
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by Bside2234 »

platinum321 wrote:
Bside2234 wrote:I have never actually used Press n Peel. I use label backing from shipping labels. :lol: Has worked perfect so far. I have never etched an enclosure with it though. Just PCB's. I would imagine that it wouldn't be to different though.[/quote

Interested in how you go about doing this. Do you use the gloss side?
I just print on the glossy side (the side the labels were stuck to) and iron it on a prepped piece of board. Let it completely cool and the paper just pops right off. No scrubbing or soaking.

suregork
Information

Post by suregork »

I have MarkM's etching tutorial saved on the hard drive. I could make a pdf out of it and upload it somewhere, if people want it. Kinda sucks not being able to ask Mark permission, but I think he mentioned some time that he would make a pdf out of it himself. Does anyone know why he pulled it, and is there any interest?

soulsonic
Old Solderhand
Information
my favorite amplifier: Traynor YVM-1
Completed builds: too many!

Post by soulsonic »

I think his guide would be a good resource to share with the community. I can't speak for him, but he seemed like the sort of person who wouldn't mind as long as no one was trying to sell access to the pdf. Though, the fact that he removed it from Aron's site makes me wonder... I don't know if it was because he had a dispute with Aron or not. I know they butted heads a few times over things, but I thought things were okay between them. I dunno, maybe it has something to do with why he dropped out of the online community. Maybe we could pass it around, and use it as a guide for one of us to do a new one, so then there wouldn't be a question of permission.
"Analog electronics in music is dead. Analog effects pedal design is a dead art." - Fran

MoreCowbell
Transistor Tuner
Information

Post by MoreCowbell »