How should this Shoegazer be wired?

All frequent questions on switching: true or not true bypass, transistor-based or mechanical.
casiotone1331
Information

Post by casiotone1331 »

First off, before i start, here's the vero layout I'm working from for reference. Also, I'd like to note the circuit is working perfectly fine and verified by me. It's just the switching that's borked. I'd like to have the two effects in this pedal working independently from each other so I can turn on one or the other without first hitting the bypass switch. This is my first "2 effects in a box" job. Not too happy about it.

I've tried a buttload of wiring schemes for the two footswitches, of which none worked. I had it working for the longest time, but I could only switch on the Soda Meiser only after the Torns Peaker switch was activated. :hmmm: If I tried to turn on just the Soda Meiser... no sound. I got sick of this setup and finally opened it back up to work out the kinks again. I'm stumped! This In 1, In 2, Out 1, Out 2 is kind of cryptic to me, how should it be wired to the switches in order to achieve parallel switching? :scratch:

Thanks in advance!

LaceSensor
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by LaceSensor »

just wire the effects in series.

Use a standard 3pdt wiring schematic. but instead of the first switch output going to the tip of an output jack, route it to the input of the second 3pdt switch controlling the second FX board.

Its really easy dont worry you will get it sorted in no time.

This way, eitehr can be on independantly, or both in series (choose which you want to be first in line). To further complicate stuff, you could do some order switching too, but that might be enough for now.

LaceSensor
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by LaceSensor »

in fact this has the perfect wiring diagram

http://www.madbeanpedals.com/projects/F ... rebomb.pdf

use that and it will work how yuo decribe. just choose the right order for effect 1 and 2 for being in series and away you go.

SW1 is simply the LED + connection.

casiotone1331
Information

Post by casiotone1331 »

Well, i tried the diagram, with no dice. I'm starting to get frustrated with whoever put this vero together, it seems like it's not laid out for standard switching, as I still get nothing on the Torns Peaker circuit, but this time with this wiring, I get extremely loud feedback on the Soda Meiser section.

AAAAAAAAAAARGGHH

LaceSensor
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by LaceSensor »

Have no idea but it seems teh vero has ins and outs for both effects so there is absolutely no reason why it wouldnt work.

Are you saying categorically, that you can wire up each effect seperately just fine? Then when you try to do them together it doesnt work?

casiotone1331
Information

Post by casiotone1331 »

LaceSensor wrote:Have no idea but it seems teh vero has ins and outs for both effects so there is absolutely no reason why it wouldnt work.

Are you saying categorically, that you can wire up each effect seperately just fine? Then when you try to do them together it doesnt work?
Exactly, I'm just as stumped why it isn't working. Could it possibly be because that this has a shared ground?

When I had it working, it took a lot of fiddling with the wires. Of course, I forgot how I got it working too. I basically removed all the wires and decided to give Devi's wiring diagram a shot. Of course, her diagram shows IN 1 coming from the wiper of a pot, not the board. No luck, of course.

So then I decided to wire them separately, standard 3PDT wiring. I jumpered the grounds and the clean signals, so there was no reason it wouldn't work. I think I'm missing something here.