Dunlop Wah mod wiring

All frequent questions on switching: true or not true bypass, transistor-based or mechanical.
MrSlate
Information

Post by MrSlate »

Hi, I have been modding a GCB95 Wah pedal giving it True Bypas, LED, Vocal mod, and a couple other changes.

The last change I want to make is to do the "Sweep mod" between two caps, 1k and 22uf using a DPDT On/On switch. I ran two wires from the board to the middle two switch posts, then soldered the caps on either end of the toggle switch. Doesn't seem to work so I think I may be wiring it wrong. I looked all over the net and found no wiring samples for switches and switching between two caps. Can anyone here help?

Thanks a ton in advance, once I have this figured out (hopefully with your help) I am going to post all my hard to find questions like this on one of my sites.

MrSlate
Information

Post by MrSlate »

Forget it.. it didn't work because the battery I was using would power up the LED but was too weak to operate the Wah. :oops: It works as intended.

It was an easy fix anyway...

Thanks!

mastallama
Information

Post by mastallama »

I'm trying to add an LED to the ZW-45 (which is essential the same as the GCB-95), but can't figure out the correct place to attach the LED leads. Can you post a pic and explanation of where you connected the LED? Thanks!