Master Bypass for 2 circuits in parallel w/ indie ins/outs??

All frequent questions on switching: true or not true bypass, transistor-based or mechanical.
OnTheTundra
Information

Post by OnTheTundra »

Im looking to add a master bypass for two independent circuits in one box. I know how to make a loop for one circuit or two or more in series which would only have 1 input and 1 output. How can I do this with a status led for the master bypass switch? DO I send both of the circuit ins to the master switch at one pole and the same with the circuit outs then send two wires from the master switch output jack pole and two from the single input jack pole? Wouldnt this cut the signal in half? Do I justbreak the power connection for both circuits? If so, will this allow signal to pass when not master turned on?

PokeyPete
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by PokeyPete »

If I'm understanding correctly:

The guitar signal would go to the master switch where the signal is either passed on to the amp (or another device),
or it's switched to a splitter circuit like the one on the following link where it will drive two separate circuits. Another
switch could be utilized to switch between these circuits with their outputs going back to the output of the master switch.
This would allow a choice of raw guitar to amp or a selection of two circuits to go to the amp. Using 3P2T switches, it
would be easy to have LEDs displaying master bypass "on", and either circuit "A" or "B" active.

The splitter could, also, be used to drive two independant signal chains to separate amps (ala, Gilmour's use of a chorus
on one circuit to amp, and his normal muff/OD stuff going to another. Lots of possibilites using a splitter!

http://www.muzique.com/lab/splitter.htm
“No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another
good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err
if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught
only by himself has a fool for a master.”
–Hunter S. Thompson