No bypass signal

All frequent questions on switching: true or not true bypass, transistor-based or mechanical.
viggersster
Information

Post by viggersster »

I am building a SHO as my first attempt at pedal building. I had everything together yesterday and tried it out, bypass worked fine, but when the pedal was engaged there was nothing. Opened it up and found that I had failed to ground the pot, so I rectified that and tried it out again...now I have the opposite problem. The pedal seems to work fine when engaged, but now I get no signal pass through when it is bypassed. I didn't change any of my wiring on the switch and I have double and triple checked the wiring there. I used general guitar gadgets wiring diagram for the 3pdt switch.

I don't have a multimeter yet, so I can't check for continuity, but I am going to pick one up on my way home from work tonight.

So, my question is...is this definitely a switch problem or could I have messed up something on the actual board to cause this problem? My gut tells me that something has gone wrong either with my connections on the switch or with the switch itself, but my gut is inexperienced....