2-in-1 w/ buffered bypass

All frequent questions on switching: true or not true bypass, transistor-based or mechanical.
mattlee0037
Information

Post by mattlee0037 »

Ok, so for my next build I wanted to do a take a jab at 2 boosts in a single enclosure. I wanted to put the 'simplified Klon' with the red rooster able to switch independently.
Klon Wiring.png
RedRooster.png
RedRooster.png (39.76 KiB) Viewed 1242 times
Now I've seen diagrams for wiring like this with true bypass, but I'm at a bit of a loss because of the Klon's buffered wiring and such. Now I realize for starters, that I believe a wire should run from input to a middle lug on the switch, but other than that I have no idea how I would go about wiring these effects together in a box. I went through all the active threads, and some are about 2-in-1 enclosures, but have the true bypass switching. Also I'm not sure if the Red Rooster would be wired as true bypass, or if it would matter because the Klon would be buffered? Sorry for the long winded post. I attached the two files for the circuits in question. Any help would be appreciated!

mattlee0037
Information

Post by mattlee0037 »

Anyone?

benobo
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by benobo »

mattlee0037
Information

Post by mattlee0037 »

So I keep everything the same on the klon and just overlay the extra wirings?

Taller76
Information

Post by Taller76 »

probably easier to build an NPN RR/RM treble boost since the one you attached is PNP and the Klon is "standard" neg ground.