Loop switch with option for series or parallel?

All frequent questions on switching: true or not true bypass, transistor-based or mechanical.
jimosity
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by jimosity »

OK - so I've looked around and I can find one or the other, but not one that will let me do both...

I'm looking to make a loop switch to have two loops, a master on/off and a switch to let me choose between series or parallel between the two loops.
Any ideas?

Nocentelli
Tube Twister
Information

Post by Nocentelli »

Maybe take a look at guitar pick-up wiring which often features series/parallel switching.

If you want to switch the loops on and off independently, it's going to get more complex with buffers for each loop and buffered bypass for each loop (TBH you'll probably be better off buffering the loops anyway if you're going to run them in parallel).

I would be very interested in the outcome of this research: I spent a fair bit of time a few years ago trying to work out how to do this and also found very little information on the web about how to do it. There are some loopers on the market that do this, so it must be possible, I'm just suprised it's not easily found in the DIY realm.

I think I concluded that it was probably best done with electronic switching which was well beyond my understanding, but I'm convinced it could be done with passive switches. I'm a bit busy at the moment (ha! I still seem to have time to browse FSB) but I'll look into it again and see what we can come up with.

It would be seriously awesome to have two loops with independent on/off stomps, a series/parallel toggle, and and order switch toggle for series mode.
modman wrote: Let's hope it's not a hit, because soldering up the same pedal everyday, is a sad life. It's that same ole devilish double bind again...