Dpdt true bypass for Ibanez Wh10 V2?

All frequent questions on switching: true or not true bypass, transistor-based or mechanical.
free_mollusk
Information

Post by free_mollusk »

Hey guys,
a few years ago i bought an ibanez wh10 v2, but i couldn't stand the terrible tonesuck of its bypass mode. I know that some members of this forum dealt with the same problem and they solved it by changing the stock spdt switch to a 3pdt. For some reason a 3pdt doesn't fit into my pedal so i decided to take a dpdt as i don't think that the led indicator is necessary. The red and the green cable on the picture below are the only ones that were connected to the spdt swich.
Does anyone know how i need to connect which cables to make the dpdt work? Anyone there who did this successfully?

thank you!
philipp
Attachments
DSCN7671.JPG

alexradium
Resistor Ronker
Information

Post by alexradium »

the schematic is in a dedicated thread,input and output are on the R30/R31.To activate the effect those wires previously on the switch have to be shorted.
The only 3pdt that should fit is the black Alpha.
Currently i have one in,but i'm thinking about a relay,much simpler....

free_mollusk
Information

Post by free_mollusk »

thank you for your fast response. I desoldered one end each resistor (R30/R31) and connected the In and Output to the switch. Now the bypass works but what shall i do with the unconnected resistor ends?