problem with 3dpt

All frequent questions on switching: true or not true bypass, transistor-based or mechanical.
monkey_king
Information

Post by monkey_king »

hi!
first of all, I am really new in this, so don't mind my lack of basic knowledge..

I have a problem with 3dpt, I can't find it anywhere! I live in Belgrade, Serbia, and here they have no idea when I ask them about 3dpt in stores, most of them never hear of it, and at the moment I can't order it online or anything (long story).

Is there a way to build the pedal with SPDT and something else?

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

You could build it with a DPDT if you're prepared to omit the LED, or using a SPDT you could either use it to pull in a separate DPDT relay (or 3PDT if you can find them to give you the LED capability back), or as a last resort you could use the horrible switching that MXR uses which will mean your input will always be connected and you switch the output.
"If anyone is a 'genius' for putting jacks in such a pedal in the only spot where they could physically fit, then I assume I too am a genius for correctly inserting my legs into my pants this morning." - candletears7 - TGP

monkey_king
Information

Post by monkey_king »

well,
how do I connect spdt with DPDT relay? :mrgreen:
that seem like a good option, I thought of that, but I don't know how to do it...

IvIark
Tube Twister
Information

Post by IvIark »

Just take one side of the relay coil through the contact on the stomp switch. So when the contact is made it completes the relay coil circuit
"If anyone is a 'genius' for putting jacks in such a pedal in the only spot where they could physically fit, then I assume I too am a genius for correctly inserting my legs into my pants this morning." - candletears7 - TGP

monkey_king
Information

Post by monkey_king »

I understand that part, but I'm really a noob,
is there a chance you can explain me on a loop box (http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/ind ... &Itemid=26) for example, If it's not a big deal...
it is a simple project, so I could understand the process, I don't know how relay works..