Report Forum Problems and Make Forum Wishes Here...

Have a look here for general information about the forum, rules and announcements.
Kosh
Information
my favorite amplifier: Marshall, Blackstar

Post by Kosh »

Signatures not allowed?

Error:
"The field “Signature” is too long, a maximum of 0 characters is allowed."

I even tried just 20 characters, nada.
Thanks

Andy2No
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by Andy2No »

FWIW, Kosh, you do seem to have a working signature - I see a link for "scary pedals".

Is it stopping you editing it, maybe? Just curious - I've never tried using one.

HappyCat
Information

Post by HappyCat »

Ehm... i suppose that there is a reason for this issue, but i prefer to answer... I did post recently a topic...

https://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic ... 60#p267260

... and, at least for me, it's not possible to post a reply... as I'm working on some ideas that maybe could be useful for other users of this forum, maybe, only maybe, it could be fantastic to share them through this topic... If it's not possible, no trouble about it, I understand :horsey:

Thanks!

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

HappyCat wrote:Ehm... i suppose that there is a reason for this issue, but i prefer to answer... I did post recently a topic...

https://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic ... 60#p267260

... and, at least for me, it's not possible to post a reply... as I'm working on some ideas that maybe could be useful for other users of this forum, maybe, only maybe, it could be fantastic to share them through this topic... If it's not possible, no trouble about it, I understand :horsey:

Thanks!
I moved it back to the open sections now, sorry about that.
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

HappyCat
Information

Post by HappyCat »

Thanks a lot for you quick answer, modman!

Ice-9
Degoop Doctor
Information
my favorite amplifier: Marshall
Completed builds: Far to many to afford the enclosures for them all. :)

Post by Ice-9 »

there is one good thing that all this spam bot crap is posting, that is some good forgotten topics and posts have come back to our interest, as long as we ignore the spam shite.
It's fairly straight forward, if you want to start it , press start. You can work out the rest of the controls for yourself !

No silicon heaven ? preposterous ! Where would all the calculators go ?

modman
a d m i n
Information

Post by modman »

Ice-9 wrote:there is one good thing that all this spam bot crap is posting, that is some good forgotten topics and posts have come back to our interest, as long as we ignore the spam shite.
sorry dude,
I'm running this shit alone last two years. I try to log in and check daily... I have dismissed all the moderators because 80% of them wanted to become moderator to promote their own tagboardshit or circuitworkshop or to become friendly with the builders or madbeans. Having hardly any interest in pedal myself, maybe it's better for the board for me to keep some distance. It's hard for me to see this forum become the debugging bitch of all this other websites, commercial or not. Maybe the boutique market has flattened out a bit. Maybe that's after the Chings started cloning boutique stuff... maybe FSB is responsible for that.

And the fact that you can buy a $50 Klone?
some good forgotten topics and posts have come back to our interest
Yes, such a good point. People think they can solve problems in facebookdiscussiongroups... it can happen... every day the same question. At least forums have a memory
Please, support freestompboxes.org on Patreon for just 1 pcb per year! Or donate directly through PayPal

matt239
Solder Soldier
Information

Post by matt239 »

flood wrote:i sure hope this hasn't been addressed elsewhere - if it was, i wasn't smart enough to find it. i can't seem to post a new topic in the "stompbox builder's FAQs and how-to's" section?

instead of the new topic button, i see only the search field. thanks.
Me too. 2018

thetragichero
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by thetragichero »

I love athletic shoes and all, but is there anyway to get these spam posts deleted in a more timely manner/spambots blocked?
I log on several times per day to kill five minutes here or there and outs difficult seeing what's new when all of the subforums have shoe adverts or calligraphy as their most recent topic

ppluis0
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by ppluis0 »

Perhaps some forum members want to volunteer to help erase these unwanted messages ? :roll:

We should see what would be the way to do it.

Cheers,
Jose

masonsjax
Information

Post by masonsjax »

I'm fairly new here and have really liked the (on topic) content so far. The spam in the last few days has really turned me off though. Looks like it's all from one user. It should be a quick fix I would think. I've reported several of the posts but nothing has been done yet. What gives? Where is a mod when you need one? I would be happy to take care of the problem, but don't expect to be granted authority given my short time here. Someone should do something though, this is quite disruptive.

Ben N
Cap Cooler
Information
my favorite amplifier: Ampeg J12D Jet

Post by Ben N »

What's up with all the spam? They've taken over the forum.

ppluis0
Diode Debunker
Information

Post by ppluis0 »

I see that Modman has not visited us since January 1st and I don't know if there are other users who have the authority to delete these unwanted messages or it is something that only belongs to the administrator.

My concern is: can this task of keeping "disinfected" be assigned to other people?

I am sure that several of us (including myself) could dedicate ourselves from time to time to this task.

Could also be implemented a condition for new users so they can not publish immediately after registration, and add a certain latency time necessary ?

I do not know if this is easy to implement in the software driving this site.

marshmellow
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by marshmellow »

I contacted Johan on Facebook, hopefully he will read it in time.

marcao_cfh
Breadboard Brother
Information

Post by marcao_cfh »

I say the same stuff: too much spam.

Ben N
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by Ben N »

I hope Modman is ok.

masonsjax
Information

Post by masonsjax »

Is there seriously only one mod for this forum? How has a single user been allowed to dominate this site for this long? Unbelievable.

marshmellow
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by marshmellow »

Well, he is only one of the founders of the forum. Also there used to be a couple more moderators when there was way more traffic around here. Considering your long post history... you think your judgment is well placed?

FWIW, Johan didn't read/answer on FB :?.

marshmellow
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by marshmellow »

Seems taken care of now, and we have a new deputy sheriff. :horsey: Best wishes, Dirk!

Ben N
Cap Cooler
Information

Post by Ben N »

Yup, shit's gone--as if it was never there at all. Was it all just a bad dream?